Director, B2B Account Development Job
Date: May 9, 2013
Location: Markham, ONTARIO, CA
American Express Canada is a company with a long history and a bright future. A Canadian employer since 1853, Amex has created a culture that nurtures extraordinary talent and turns careers into unparalleled experiences. A company where every employee is given the opportunity to learn, grow and excel, Amex is always on the lookout for driven, forward-thinking and creative people ready to take their career to the next level. So, if you share our passion for excellence, our dedication to great service and our excitement about innovation, there’s a world of opportunity waiting for you in a career with American Express Canada.
The Director of B2B Client Management Merchant Services will be responsible for leading a group of Client Managers across Canada specializing in various B2B industries. This position is responsible for the ongoing growth and development of key B2B merchant and market place relationships. They will provide vision to the team to develop and execute strategies that are focused on creating sales opportunities that drive revenue growth through account expansion & penetration, sales of data insights and marketing assets as well as leveraging AXP assets to deepen partnerships to improve client satisfaction and retention. This individual will also play a key role in overall strategic management for the Canada Client Management Team. This includes driving partnerships with other business units to improve share, charge volume growth, merchant satisfaction and profitability across all accounts within Canada.
* Based in the GTA. This role is home-based, but the successful incumbent will be expected to access the Markham head office from time to time.
* Thorough Understanding of Merchant B2B business
* Minimum 5+ years Client Management/Sales experience.
* Must be highly customer focused with proven ability to establish deep, profitable and long lasting relationships.
* Proven direct and consultative selling skills.
* Proven ability to develop, motivate and empower a high performing team.
* Demonstrated strategic thought leadership, superior ability to identify opportunities, develop innovative business solutions and execute to meet marketing, financial and operational objectives.
* Strong record in driving results, prioritizing opportunities and managing multiple priorities in a dynamic fast paced environment.
* Exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to lead and influence internal and external business partners.
* Strong financial acumen, ability to negotiate complex and profitable agreements and demonstrate AXP Brand Value.
* Ability to communicate in a persuasive and compelling manner.
It’s an exciting time to join American Express Canada, where we dedicate extensive time, resources and effort to satisfying and surprising our customers. We make that same commitment to our employees, as well, striving to create an environment where people are respected, both personally and professionally. Be part of it.
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Markham
Job Segments: Business Development, Account Manager, Manager, Credit, Sales, Management, Finance