Director, Social Media Strategy Job
Date: Feb 14, 2014
Location: New York, NY, US
American Express is expanding its loyalty efforts in the US. This role will lead the strategy, planning, execution and delivery of all Social Media marketing initiatives to drive awareness and activation. The successful candidate will also partner with product development to create social products; work with partners to develop joint social initiatives; and collaborate with World Service on social servicing.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to innovate and advance their marketing skills in a role with a broad span of control. It provides a chance to create something and launch it from scratch on a highly visible team with growth potential.
The team embodies a start-up culture, operates nimbly, and embraces flexibility. We are made up of individuals with strong marketing backgrounds, innovative thinking, user experience development and most importantly a passion for driving change.
The successful candidate will bring a highly creative, flexible growth mindset to the role, which will be critical to delivering breakthrough thinking that leads to fast growth for this new product.
- Lead the development and execution of social strategies for loyalty efforts
- Create breakthrough social launch initiatives
- Deliver content and programs with high engagement rates and strong positive brand buzz
- Measure and benchmark results to track progress against goals and competitors
- Lead the social customer journey to optimize sharing
- Collaborate with internal and external partners, agencies and staff groups
- Develop business-driving digital products that leverage key social platforms
- Build and manage social communities
- Stay on top of social trends in order to optimize approach over time
- Identify and onboard social media agency
- 3+ years of social media marketing experience with a PR firm, digital agency, brand or top publisher
- 8+ years of work experience, including substantial online marketing experience at a digital/PR agency, brand or top publisher
- Strong visual and conceptual creative skills with ability to generate forward-looking ideas
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with strong executive presence and ability to sell in ideas
- Project management expertise in successfully leading cross-functional and external agency teams
- Flexible and able to thrive in a fluid work environment
- Thirst for breaking new ground
- Incredible customer focus and understanding
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
Job Segments: Social Media, Manager, Media, Product Development, Strategy, Marketing, Management, Research