The Centurion Lounge is a benefit for our premium card members, bringing membership to life, every day!
The Centurion Lounge Team Leader is the coach to a team of highly skilled and motivated Member Service Professionals (MSPs) that provide travel, card, concierge, and lifestyle services to American Express Card Members visiting the American Express Centurion Lounge, located in the DEN Airport.
A successful Team Leader has a passion for delivering extraordinary service and demonstrated leadership ability to inspire their team to work together to drive outstanding business results. The Team Leader will monitor customer interactions to ensure extraordinary service, ensure adherence of team and individual performance goals, use performance metrics and reporting to drive performance and business results. The Team Leader will provide consistent and on-going coaching and feedback to ensure their team is performing at their highest levels.
The Team Leader is an advocate and supporter for both their team and their customers. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and can effectively lead their team through change. They are intellectually curious, and they share a passion for growth and knowledge amongst their colleagues.
As a Centurion Lounge Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Creating a cohesive team environment
- Coaching your team to provide a high-touch, premium experience for all lounge guest
- Inspiring your team of MSPs to achieve their goals by providing continuous coaching, training and development; as well as, rewarding and recognizing accomplishments
- Communicating with your team to ensure that they are well informed about changes that may affect them and their customers
- Managing your team to ensure adequate servicing coverage is provided 365 days per year, which may include filling in when needed
- Evaluating team performance and creating development and action plans, on an individual level, that are owned and driven by each team member
- Working closely with the food and beverage lounge partners to create an extraordinary customer experience for all Centurion Lounge visitors
- Take an active role with promotional in-house events
- Identifying opportunities to improve operations within the Centurion Lounge, through collaboration, and partnering with appropriate business partners with an enterprise mindset
- Challenging yourself and your team to “raise the bar” by driving continuous improvement
The lounge is open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week, including holidays. While your core schedule will be within these hours, flexibility is required as the operating hours could be extended due to overtime or emergency needs. Additionally, there will be the need to attend global team meetings, which could require you to flex your schedule accordingly.
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ premium customer service experience (customer facing a plus)
- Minimum 2 years’ supervisory experience, coaching and developing a tam through performance metrics
- Airline, lounge or travel industry experience required, including reservation experience
- Demonstrated passion for service with the ability to resolve customer issues and concerns
- Ability to successfully understand and implement policies, procedures, and programs
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict with internal and external relationships
- Ability to drive and measure business results
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills who can work well under pressure
- Light to moderate lifting may be required for certain job tasks
American Express is an equal opportunity employer
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2020, 10:01:54 AM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.