You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
The Powerful Backing™ of American Express.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base.
Our Engineers that join our Technologies team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are responsible for development and management of business critical platforms. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications - performs hands-on coding, technical design and development of systems.
- Develops code specifications. Involved in unit, integration and user acceptance testing. Assists in resolution of defects/ production support issues as required.
- Analyze requirements/ user stories to appropriately support basic design activities
- Perform core technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including, developing prototypes and writing new code
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
- Participate in or lead integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results.
- Perform assigned unit and assembly testing of software components.
- Participate in code reviews and execute assigned automated build test scripts.
- Debug software components, identifying, fixing and verifying the remediation of code defects. Work on assigned product features for ongoing sprints and manage a subset of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
- Flexible and willingness to learn and work in any technology platform/product
- Own all technical aspects of software development architecture, for the assigned applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
Create a more powerful and personal customer experience by designing and developing relevant software applications across the Oracle ERP technology stack.
Critical Factors to Success (Outcome Driven):
Drive cross functional development on entire technology stack for a company to provide consistent application user experience
Ensure ease of switching between front end and back end development which results in saving time and money as complexities and problems can be solved by the same person
Enhance design structure leading to speed to market: Coding and the design of the site s/he can have a view from above and prevent slip ups that come up during development
Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
5+ yrs experience across -
Implementing Oracle E-Business suite in a Global organizations structure
Experience in the Oracle ERP modules (GL, FAH, HFM, DRM, SLA)
Database: SQL Server, MYSQL, Oracle.
Bachelor’s Degree in CS Or CSE or Equivalent
Strong analytical & strategic thinking skills
Ability to interpret technical /business objectives and challenges
Software development/ Unit testing
Functional Knowledge of Oracle ERP modules
Analyze requirements/ user stories to appropriately support basic design activities
Participate in integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting
Knowledge of end-to-end customer journey in Oracle ERP implementation.
Flexible and willingness to learn and work in any technology platform/product
- Strong technical knowledge of Oracle Development tools - PL/SQL, OAF, reports, Oracle workflow and Profound knowledge on oracle database
- Must have experience with – PL/SQL, OAF, REST API, GL/FAH.
- Working experience in ETL, informatica, Unix shell scripting
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP REST APIs
- Source control (Git, SVN, Bitbucket, Svn, etc.)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Experience with web services , open api development and its concepts
Oracle 12.2 Experience
Functional knowledge in finance domain is preferred
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2021, 9:49:40 AM