You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
About American Express
Reasons to Believe
- An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
- Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
- A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
- A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
- Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- Identify opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
- Mentor other engineers
- Understand the business needs and design high quality software applications in timely manner to fulfill those needs
- Identify and adopt new technologies to solve existing business needs and predict future challenges.
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
- Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 10+ years of software development experience with Tableau or any other BI tool
- Minimum 5+ years of software development experience with Tableau
- Exceptional skills in SQL is very mandate.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Test highly scalable and reliable applications.
- Coordinate with other team’s architect, engineers and vendors as necessary.
- Deliver on all phases of development work from initial kick-off, technical setup, application development, and support.
- Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Perform ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Work with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Quickly generate and update proof of concepts for testing and team feedback
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or CSE or Equivalent
- Strong analytical & strategic thinking skills
- Ability to interpret technical /business objectives and challenges
- Agile Methodologies
- Software development
- Designing High Availability applications
- Product Engineering Knowledge
- Platform engineering knowledge
- Analysis & Development using Tableau
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2021, 1:15:53 AM