Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Digital Workplace organization exists to simplify work and raise productivity by empowering colleagues with the best digital tools and service experiences. Now, more than ever, we need workplace technology that is optimized for colleagues who work anywhere as well as making mobile a first-class experience, core to the way we work. If you’re excited about the idea of helping colleagues to do their best work every day, this is the role for you!
Our Solutions Architects have both deep technical and strategic business knowledge, but they’re of one mind about using transformational technology to drive better business outcomes. You will focus initially on the transformational MobileNext initiative, before branching out into other areas of the Digital Workplace portfolio.
Transform our business and your career.
There’s no way around it, it takes a consultative approach and IT experience to drive business success. If you have both, here’s some of what you’ll be doing:
· Perform hands-on architecture design, participating in design and code reviews
· Solution cross-platform integrations between Digital Workplace and other enterprise platforms to optimize capabilities and streamline the colleague experience
· Ensure the engineered environment and roadmap meet today’s and tomorrow’s business requirements
· Advance the architecture discipline within the Digital Workplace team. Contribute to a shared blueprint for Digital Workplace that is in front of industry and enterprise standards and best practices
· Coach and mentor engineering resources on solution architecture
· Become THE expert in Digital Workplace technology and the art of the possible. We know you’re not there yet, but we’ll give you the space and resources to learn.
Are you up for the challenge?
· You don’t have to have prior experience working with colleague-facing technology to be successful in this role, but a passion for colleague experience is critical!
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field required; advanced degree preferred
· 5+ years of hands-on architecture, programming or equivalent infrastructure engineering experience
· Advanced hands-on experience with application solution architecture design
· End-to-end software development of complex distributed (multi-tiered) systems
· Extensive experience using a systems analysis and design methodology
· Experience in architecting and engineering global platform solutions
· Experience with network, information security and server fundamentals
At the core of Solution Architecture
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
· Agile Practices
· Porting/Software Configuration
· Programming/Software Development
· Conformance Review
· Enterprise and Business Architecture Development
· Adaptive Communication
· Analytical Thinking
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 17, 2020, 7:51:32 PM