You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base.
Our Engineers that join our Technologies team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are responsible for development and management of business critical platforms. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
Drive user story analysis and elaboration, design and develop software applications, and test and build automation tools
Own all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications
Perform hands-on software development, API specs, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
Drive consistent development practices - tools and common components
Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
Work with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
Identify opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
Effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
Mentor other engineers
Critical Factors to Success (Outcome Driven):
- Understand the business needs and design high quality software applications in timely manner to fulfill those needs
- Identify and adopt new technologies to solve existing business needs and predict future challenges.
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
- Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or CSE or Equivalent
Strong engineering hand and experience on these:
- Java 8 & above, J2EE, REST APIs
- Spring MVC, Relation DBMSs –DB2, NoSql – Couchbase, S3
- GoF design patterns
- Microservices design patterns
- Event driven programming paradigm using kakfa, solace, MQs clusters.
- Source control (Git, Bitbucket etc). Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Maven, XLR, Mockito, JMeter)
- Knowledge of VSS, IaaS, PaaS. Container Concepts (LXD, Docker). Orchestration Concepts (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
- AngularJS, React and Node.js
- Knowledge of microdose, vertx, typescript will be an additional advantage.
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
- Test automation, DevOps and Test Driven Development
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2021, 11:42:14 AM