Marketing at American Express is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help shape the next generation of products & services for one of the world’s top brands. We seek a thought-leader and a problem-solver who can blend business, technical, and industry best practices – contemplating every fine detail to develop innovative solutions and create best-in-class customer experiences.
Our global team is about more than just marketing. We’re visionaries and brand experts. Story-tellers and problem-solvers. For more than 160 years, American Express has been at the forefront of finance, industry, and innovation, backing our Card Members as they move forward and helping our customers do more of what matters most to them. As marketers, we connect Card Members to small businesses and elevate local merchants into the global market. We create unforgettable experiences for customers to live their lives to the fullest and develop innovative products that help businesses succeed on their own terms. And we set the tone for the brand and bring the voice to life for our customers by bringing our values of trust, service, and powerful backing into everything we do.
- Global Advertising & Brand Management
- Global Commercial Services
- Global Consumer Services Group
- Global Merchant & Network Services
Advertising & Brand Management- Global Advertising & Brand Management (GABM) creates worldwide demand for American Express, driving business through innovative marketing, messaging, partnerships, and experiences. Teams within the group cover Brand management and planning, Brand Strategy, Brand Training, Enablement & Governance, Global Media, Brand Content & Communications, Global Experiential Marketing, Digital Brand Capabilities and Amex Insights (responsible for bringing the voice of the customer and competitive context to business decisions made across the enterprise).
Commercial- American Express’ Global Commercial Services (GCS) seeks to Change the World at Work, so our customers can change the world. We aspire to serve all of our commercial clients, from the mom-and-pop store on Main Street to the largest global enterprises, with one voice and integrated presence in the marketplace. Each of our clients is a critical part of the global economy – from the jobs they provide, the goods and services they deliver, and the change and impact they each seek to have in the world - - it’s an honor and a privilege to be a part of their story.
Consumer- Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG) is responsible for growing the American Express consumer business worldwide, strengthening our global leadership position in the premium space, and delivering exceptional, differentiated customer experiences. GCSG comprises local sales and marketing, travel and lifestyle services, and global consumer products including lending, cobrands, and premium products and benefits, as well as the teams which develop and support the digital, risk, and information management capabilities across American Express.
Merchant & Network Services- Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) brings together the businesses that manage and evolve important partnerships for the company with key stakeholders including merchants, banks, strategic and loyalty partners. Global Merchant Services (GMS), which manages the relationships with the millions of merchants around the world that accept American Express; Global Loyalty Coalition, which includes the Payback rewards programs internationally; Global Network Services (GMNS), which runs American Express’s global network, manages bank partnerships, and includes Accertify, a leading fraud management tool..
What type of work can you expect to do in Marketing at American Express?
- Be responsible for the end-to-end strategy, development and execution of card products, new and emerging digital products, services and/or technology platforms
- Identify opportunities and enhancements for existing products & services to penetrate untapped markets
- Develop innovative, profitable, customer-centric product and marketing strategies
- Define the product / feature roadmap for how best to enhance our products, services and/or underlying technical platforms to meet future customer needs
- Leverage internal data from web analytics tools and “voice of customer” surveys, as well as external sources such as JD Power, Forrester, and Credit Card Monitor services to define new customer experiences
- Improve critical customer experiences including driving resolution of customer issues and regulatory matter to help increase the net promoter score
- Initiate and leverage customer insights through analysis and research with customers and prospects
- Create enhanced value for customers and distribution partners through product innovation
- Passion for customer marketing, payments innovation, the travel industry and new technology trends
- Ability to conceptualize and sell ideas
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail, and can multi-task
- Ability to balance the big picture with a micro perspective
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
- Proven track record of driving results cross-functionally and collaborating with diverse teams
- Willing to take risks and share fresh perspectives
- Currently enrolled in full-time MBA program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
Life at American Express
American Express is known for backing our customers to help them achieve their goals and dreams, both big and small. At American Express, we’re changing the way people live and work through meaningful projects with real-world impact. When you join our team you can make a difference by improving the everyday lives of customers around the world.
Growing great leaders is one of the things that sets American Express apart. Every employee has the opportunity—and is encouraged—to take their personal leadership to the next level through a wide variety of leadership and learning programs.
Our colleagues and their families feel supported at every stage of their lives. We provide resources and benefits that help support their physical, financial and emotional well-being, such as our award-winning global corporate wellness program, Healthy Living, and many others including: 20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave (to be eligible, employees must complete at least one year of continuous service immediately prior to the birth or placement of the child), Health (dental and vision), and Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401k with match. Some of our roles even offer flexible work arrangements so you can work how it makes sense for you, without ever compromising quality.
Creating an inclusive culture is both a part of who we are and what we do together. We value and embrace the diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences of all our employees. Through our 15 Colleague Networks, participants can broaden their associations with other employees while expanding their knowledge of the business. American Express is a place where being yourself matters.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and support.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Don’t live life without it.
With a job at American Express, almost anything is possible. Apply now!
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We
appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in
contact with you by April 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Us reqs – MBA/MS
Tags: US reqs – MBA/MS, Handshake UNV-12520
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 4, 2020, 2:04:26 PM