At American Express, we provide customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our customers include our Cardmembers as well as the small businesses, merchants, corporations, and bank partners that are all members of the dynamic American Express network. As a Digital Analytics colleague, you have the opportunity to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. You’ll be challenged everyday as we work together to create digital products and develop actionable data-driven insights to meet the customers of tomorrow.
Where are these roles located within American Express?
You could be recruited for a Digital Analytics full-time role to serve as a key member in one of our Enterprise Functions, such as Credit and Fraud Risk or Enterprise Digital & Analytics organizations. We seek a thought-leader and a problem-solver who can blend business, technical, and industry best practices – sweating every fine detail when it comes to developing the analyses, models, and algorithms that power our customer’s digital experiences.
Below are some of the roles in these teams:
Enterprise & Digital Analytics:
An exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help shape, refine and build, Prospect and Customer digital connections, experiences and interactions for one of the world’s most respected companies, through advanced statistical techniques, AI, and machine learning. Enterprise Digital and Analytics team charter is to be an engine of growth, marketplace differentiation and efficiency for American Express.
Acquisition strategic Analytics: Accelerate the pace of digital prospect acquisitions on a global basis including increasing online traffic conversions and elevate onboarding experiences
Customer Strategic Analytics: Drive customer engagement and satisfaction by ensuring they get the best possible experience in every exchange they have with American Express through personalization, design of experiments value, and relevance.
Credit& Fraud Risk:
This critical team is responsible for managing enterprise risks throughout the customer lifecycle, across our consumer and commercial businesses, and across all our global products. We develop industry-first data capabilities, build profitable decision-making frameworks, create machine learning-powered predictive models, and improve customer servicing strategies.
Credit Risk Strategy: The credit risk team monitors credit portfolios and optimizes profit-based risk management decisions at all stages of the customer credit lifecycle
Fraud Risk Strategy: The team analyzes and improves controls across all points of business that create fraud vulnerabilities, including product and service design, account acquisition, card issuance, servicing, and financial transactions.
What type of work can you expect to do in Digital Analytics at American Express?
- Partner closely with our Digital Product and Business Unit teams to provide insights which inform product development and marketing investment decisions as well as actionable, insightful analytical solutions to help the leadership team evaluate and drive business performance
- Collaborate extensively with colleagues to design and implement strategies based on statistical, financial and economic analysis
- Develop and manage analytics to identify and monitor trends to provide insights to shape organizational policies
- Develop insights into customer behavior and introduce new approaches to transform complex behavioral data into actionable information
- Design, implement, and measure the results from sophisticated A/B testing experiments.
- Provide analytical support to enable billing, revenue growth, profitability and customer experience through diverse projects.
- Integrate new data sources and capabilities to drive key business decisions
We have the know-how, creative platform and global reach to make nearly any idea a reality. Do these describe you?
- Passion for improving end-to-end customer experience, innovation and customer first thinking
- Strong interest in digital space and ability to collaborate with technology and product partners
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail, and can multi-task
- Ability to blend big picture thinking with fine details and manage many stakeholders
Strong analytical and decision-making skills – must have the ability to compile, analyze, research, and link complex issues
Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in high pressure situations and handle multiple priority assignments simultaneously – must be a self-starter
Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels
Willingness to learn and master new systems
Knowledge of MS Office applications required
Proficiency in Spark, Python, Java, Java Script, or C++ is helpful but not required
Candidates with prior industry experience of 1-5 years can also apply.
- Currently enrolled in full-time Undergraduate or Graduate degree program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2020 and June 2021
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by October 30th.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Tags: CFE-11160, CFE-12801
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2020, 11:16:17 AM