Create digital experiences that enhance our customers lives at every touchpoint.
The core of our company is not just the products we offer, but the personal connections our customers have with our brand. You can create digital experiences -from payments to rewards to servicing -that keep us connected to our customers and serve them at every touchpoint. From digital servicing and lifestyle features to secure, frictionless payment options, you can make a meaningful difference in our customers’ lives and help set us apart in the industry.
The Digital Product role at American Express is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help shape digital experiences for one of the world’s top brands. You will have the opportunity to see how you can make a direct contribution to the success of our company. You will work among high performing engineering, design and product teams to build user-centric solutions to challenging problems. You will enjoy being challenged in a lively, collaborative, diverse and inclusive team environment.
We seek a thought-leader and a problem-solver who can blend business, technical, and industry best practices – sweating every fine detail when it comes to developing the most effective technology led solutions to improve our customer’s digital experiences.
Where are these roles located within American Express?
Digital Product colleagues will serve as a key member of teams such as the Enterprise Digital & Analytics team, the Amex Digital Labs team or the Credit Fraud Risk and Capabilities team.
Enterprise Digital & Analytics: This team offers a unique opportunity to build the digital connection with our prospects and customers. We drive innovation, delivering products and platforms across the entire lifecycle of Cardmembers partnership, partnering with other Business Units and Centers of Excellence, advancing our goal of becoming an essential part of our customers digital lives.
Enterprise Digital Member Experiences team is responsible for deepening Card Member engagement through our digital experiences, with a primary focus on Membership mobile app, web, commerce and push channels. The team’s mission is to dramatically increase digital engagement and customer satisfaction through a combination of superior user experience and compelling features and functionality. The team's primary remit is to define and deliver digital experiences and best-in-class innovation.
Amex Digital Labs: This team is responsible for catalyzing digital innovation at American Express by originating, incubating and managing emerging products and platforms that can be essential to our customers’ digital lives. We strive to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation.
Focus areas include creating industry-leading digital payment solutions, using our first-class servicing network and lifestyle assets to create digital experiences, and defining new products and services based on emerging technologies and trends. This is a fast-paced team driving the development of digital solutions and partner experiences at American Express
Credit Fraud Risk Capabilities: This team brings risk strategies to life by enabling customer focused capabilities for Card and Non-Card products. You will collaborate with partners in other Risk teams, Marketing, Finance, Global Servicing Network, Legal/Compliance, Banking, and Technologies to create world-class analytical capabilities and solutions to minimize credit and fraud risk and improve customer experience.
What type of work can you expect to do in Digital at American Express?
The specific job responsibilities would depend on the team you are selected in for a full-time role. Broadly the role could entail some of the below listed responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the end-to-end strategy, development and execution of new and emerging digital products, services and/or technology platforms, following a User Centered Design approach
- Create and manage projects from concept through production; engaging the necessary teams to craft a rich and engaging customer experience
- Design customer communication and servicing strategies to support risk management strategies, ensuring a positive experience across every customer touchpoint
- Be a passionate advocate for the customer, grounding ideas in data driven solutions by partnering with our customer research team to incorporate user insights and principles throughout the process.
- Lead the Agile product development process (Lean, SAFe, Kanban) including writing user stories, defining support documents, prioritizing features and conducting usability testing
- Work closely to collaborate with cross-functional partners and colleagues (marketing, engineering, legal, compliance, risk) to create and maintain your product backlog
- Keep up to date with industry, competitor, Agile/SAFe methodologies and new trends
We have the know-how, creative platform and global reach to make nearly any idea a reality. Do these describe you?
- Demonstrated interest in digital space and ability to collaborate with technology partners
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail, and can multi-task
- Ability to blend big picture thinking with fine details and manage many stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
Willing to do things differently, experiment, and share fresh perspectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in analytical and presentation tools, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Currently enrolled in full-time Undergraduate or Graduate degree program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2020 and June 2021
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, or job experience in related fields
- Candidates with relevant industry experience of 1-5 years can also apply
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by October 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Tags: CFE-11160, CFE-12801
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2020, 9:17:14 AM