We are looking for sophomore candidates with a strong-work ethic, intellectual curiosity, ability to build relations and an interest in financial services to be part of a summer leadership program. Students from all schools are encouraged to apply. Our sophomore internship program helps align with our commitment to make sure our colleagues are as diverse as our customers and the communities we serve by focusing on attracting promising students from groups underrepresented in the financial industry.
Finance is at the center of all key decisions that help grow our business and uphold our reputation as one of the premier finance organizations in the world.
Whether you’re working with a business unit focused on the consumers, small businesses or major corporations, you’ll have the opportunity and resources available to make an impact. It sounds exciting because it is. Explore a Finance summer internship at American Express and earn the trust and respect of our customers and colleagues every day. The Finance functions at American Express include:
- Corporate Planning & Analysis
- Global Commercial Services Finance
- Global Consumer Services Group Finance
- Global Merchant & Network Services Finance
- Global Treasury
- Corporate Development
- Global Tax
- Investor Relations
What type of work can you expect to do in Finance at American Express?
- Provide best-in-class analysis and decision support to the Finance organization
- Learn how to articulate decisions clearly and gain buy-in from stakeholders across the business
- Gather and analyze information from a wide array of sources; identify trends and articulate how those trends impact our businesses
- Obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business and its needs
- Hone analytical acumen, communication skills and the ability to tailor complex messages to the appropriate audience
Here are the skills and experience we are looking for. Do these describe you?
- Ability to initiate and drive change management processes
- Strategic thought leadership skills and creativity
- Financial and analytical skills with an eye towards developing recommendations to drive growth for our businesses
- A strong work-ethic and robust interpersonal skills, showcasing the ability to build trust-based relationships within finance team and with business partners across locations / geographies
- Ability to learn our business model and its key financial drivers
- Programming skills a plus
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program
- Sophomores who plan to graduate in Spring 2023.
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Tags: USUndergrad, Handshake UNV-12520
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2020, 6:50:46 PM