2021 Marketing MBA Summer Internship
American Express is a global services company, headquartered in New York City with international operations centred in London. Our history in service runs deep and the customer is at the heart of everything we do, whether it’s for our Cardmembers, Small businesses, Merchants or Large Corporations. Our teams work every day to support our customers and help build their success. Innovation and reinvention, encoded in our DNA, guide our business decisions. We have been pioneers in developing cutting-edge digital payment, loyalty products and forging partnerships with major technology companies, including Facebook, Amazon, and Uber. Today, we are engaging with emerging technologies and working with innovative start-ups, to further enhance and improve our digital capabilities.
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, consider launching or growing your career here.
Marketing at American Express
Marketing is fundamental to driving growth in our businesses. As a part of our marketing internship programme, you will have the opportunity to have real business impact by defining data-driven, customer-centric, marketing strategies across the organisation and turn them into tangible deliverables for senior leaders. You will have the opportunity to create compelling value propositions, marketing strategies and recommendations based on extensive market and consumer data and thus have a tangible impact.
We are looking for strategic thinkers who can innovate, collaborate and possess a strong desire to solve real business problems and drive new opportunities with break-through marketing strategies.
Through the well-established Summer Internship programme, high performing MBA students will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in projects that have strategic, operational or financial significance to the company. Interns will get executive exposure, have the opportunity to network and learn about the Amex culture as well as participate in social and community service activities.
More specifically, the 10 week programme, commencing in June 2021 consists of the following:
- Introduction to American Express through an induction day and training sessions
- Meaningful projects which will have real business impact
- Regular Speaker Series with senior management
- Social and networking events
- Structured performance management process and regular feedback
What type of work can you expect to do in Marketing at American Express?
Examples of previous projects include:
- In depth review of products and external environment to provide recommendations on UK product strategy,
- Measuring and driving customer satisfaction through new tools
- Launch and measure creative marketing strategies for new customers or engage existing customers
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
- Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to drive results
- Ability to conceptualise and sell ideas
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills necessary to build strong internal and external relationships
- Strong customer focus and project management skills
- Strong collaborator with the ability to work across a matrix organisation
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Results-oriented team player and individual contributor
- Currently enrolled in an MBA programme with a graduation date between December 2021 and July 2022
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 16, 2020, 5:29:12 AM