Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
In this role the successful candidate is expected to design, develop, test, troubleshoot, and support the Nemo Core Switch.
- Perform technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments
- Function as a software engineer on an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Contribute to and lead code reviews and automated testing
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Support the deployment, troubleshooting, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Automate deployments in test or production environments as needed
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
- Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your workflow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
- Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team.
- Computer Science, or equivalent, degree or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience in a professional environment.
- Hands-on expertise with Payment Network application design, software development, and automated testing.
- Strong development experience in Golang. Experience with TCP/IP, Redis, Kafka.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools such as Jenkins, BitBucket, and XLR
- Experience with Cloud technology such as OpenShift, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Preferred hands-on experience with service mesh components Envoy and xDS control plane.
- Proven experience working in a team of engineers.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a desire to learn through experience.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2021, 12:14:37 PM