You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Purpose of the Role:
American Express is looking for an energetic engineering leader responsible for product development and enhancement by actively leading 3-4 agile scrum teams. This leader will have an opportunity to build teams by hiring talented individuals and will be involved in day to day architecture and development activities.
Drive innovation and manage product development teams within a fast paced, agile environment
- Cultivate an environment of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Recruit IT professionals with business and industry experience, and develop, reward and energize a competent, effective team within the technology organization.
- Lead software development teams, obtaining necessary resources, acting as an escalation point and removing impediments to achieve goals and objectives
- Engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps
- Collaborate with a wide variety to stakeholders within business and technology teams to drive change required to execute product roadmaps
- Enable integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product managers, technical project managers, architects, engineers, and quality assurance
- 12+ years of active architecture, design, engineering, and implementation experience in a complex enterprise environment
- Extensive hands-on experience building and managing the development of complex, large scale enterprise applications and products that require a deep understanding of application logic and development of executable technology strategies
- Proven experience attracting, hiring retaining and leading top engineering talent and high performance product engineering teams
- Experience with Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development methodologies is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or related field Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or related field a plus
- Recent hands-on experience in the development of enterprise-grade API(s)
- Recent experience with agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated expertise in designing highly available, fault-tolerant, scalable solution architectures
- Demonstrated expertise in Data and Analytics field and pertains knowledge in Big Data technologies, Machine Learning, Tableau, MicroStrategy
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2020, 1:56:22 PM