You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
· Taking your place as a core member of an Agile team driving the latest development practices.
· Writing code and unit tests, working with specs and automation.
· Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies.
The Finance Data Management and Analytics (FDMA) Organization is responsible for data sourcing and transforming for regulatory & management reporting & analytical needs. As an Engineer , on. Financial Data Management and Reporting team , you will work with regulatory product owners and business/process owners or Product owners to produce data warehousing solution and potential BI Reporting & Analytics solutions for Regulatory and Finance Operations; Responsible to data virtualization, query, report and visualize large volumes of data across multiple source systems; Build solution to provide data traceability and lineage for auditors, regulators and operations alike; Be the DevOps champion and contribute/adopt frameworks for operational insights ; Opportunity to transform the current legacy BI platform to more advanced and latest in the industry; The operating charter will be to transform our current software footprint for BI to NextGen BI Platform.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Exposure on software development experience in related technology will be a BIG plus, on Data Engineering e.g. ETL – Informatica, Big Data technologies like Spark, Scala etc.
- 4+ years strong experience in design and development of Enterprise grade applications, proficiency with performance techniques in large scale data warehouse and analytics.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in implementing large data-warehousing projects, strong knowledge of latest NextGen BI & Data Strategy & BI Tools.
- Proven experience in Business Intelligence, Reporting on large datasets, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Tableau, MicroStrategy, Data Virtualization Tools, Oracle PL/SQL, Informatica, Other ETL Tools like Talend, Java.
- Transform and improve performance of existing reporting & analytics use cases with more efficient and state of the art data engineering solutions.
- Manage multiple Agile BI Reporting & Analytics Development teams that realize advanced analytics vision and strategy in a scalable, iterative environment.
- Deliver software that provides superior user experiences, linking customer needs and business drivers together through innovative product engineering.
- Cultivate an environment of Engineering excellence and continuous improvement, contribute towards changes that drive efficiencies into existing Engineering and delivery processes.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021, 1:38:21 PM