Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to taken on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- Must have java experience
- Experience in computer science, computer engineering
- Web development work experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Experience with building RESTful APIs
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- Thorough understanding of JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals
- Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies is a plus.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 19, 2020, 3:29:39 PM