Employee & Labor Relations Specialist (m/f/d), Frankfurt am Main (temporary limited until 31.12.2021)
As a Colleague and Labor Relations Specialist you will support the delivery of all employee and labor relations and health and safety activities in Germany by contributing to the constructive collaboration with the works council and by providing expertise to business leaders to drive a fair and consistent colleague experience, to support the business and to minimize legal exposure.
Colleague and Labor Relations (CLR) Germany is as centre of expertise for employee and labor relations part of the wider Colleague Experience Group (Human Resources) at American Express, developing and maintaining strong relationships with business leaders, local CEG (HR) departments, Compliance, law departments, local and international project teams and other internal/external parties.
You are going to support the local and international pro-active CLR agenda by:
- Providing expertise and guidance for all – individual and collective - labor law aspects of CLR in Germany
- Supporting works council consultation processes on new IT systems, new remuneration concepts, business transformation projects, mergers/acquisition and other national and international initiatives
- Developing and updating works agreements, templates, guidelines and self-servicing documents
- Managing local Health and Safety (H&S) activities like managing H&S committee sessions and coordinating the implementation of agreed measures with H&S provider and local facility management
- Using insights to anticipate the needs of the business and to identify and address trends
- Providing support for managing disciplinary cases
- Participating in regional and global CLR initiatives and projects
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- University degree in law or a comparable area with focus on HR management/labor law and at least 2 years’ experience in Employee and Labor Relations and/or as HR generalist
- Advanced knowledge of German individual and collective labor law
- Experience working with German works councils preferably in a highly matrixed multi-national environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – ability to liaise with all levels of the organization
- Ability to focus both on detail and broader implications of issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in German and English (written and verbal)
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes Amex an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Please note that you can attach up to 4 documents with a maximum of 488 kb each.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 21, 2020, 8:59:52 AM