At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
- Deliver technical solutions to problems identified and make architectural recommendations along with process conformance for incident, problem, change management, and compliance
- Drive the resolution of problems by identifying the root cause and implementing architecture/code fixes
- Analyze the existing technology environment and architecture, to develop technical/architectural recommendations to improve system/application performance and lead improvement implementation
- Drive continuous improvement to reduce MTTR (Mean Time to Recovery) and MTTD (Mean Time to Detection) on production impacts. Proactively address gaps with stability issues across infrastructure environment.
- Collaborate with business users and technical SMEs in order to analyze, triage, and creatively resource product development and enhancements for loads into operational data warehouse
- Automate, optimize, and execute process improvements on existing processes
- Provide post-implementation production support for processes
- Development: Enable creation and updating of logging standards to streamline dashboard creation and ensure usability of logging repository.
- Automation: Responsible for evaluating and implementing orchestration, automation, and tooling solutions to ensure consistent processes and repetitive tasks are performed with a higher level of accuracy and reduced defects.
- Operational Readiness: Responsible for availability, proactive monitoring / alerting, performance (reducing latency and increasing efficiency) to include testing for technical platforms
- Production Support: Ensure application data flows are accurate and up to date with the objective to increase the knowledge base of all support teams and drive reliability.
- 6+ years of engineering and/or architecture experience in a complex environment, such as: large scale web infrastructure or development team
- Experience supporting a 24/7 enterprise environment with on-call responsibilities for production support.
- Understanding of monitoring technologies including various logging frameworks and tooling. Focused on logging, time-series or machine-learning products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred; Relevant industry experience can substitute
- Knowledge of Platform Engineering and Understanding of architecture, application system design.
- Maintain and enhance monitoring framework (data collection, alert aggregation and enhance alerting logic).
- Detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Programming languages and framework
- Has an ‘Automation First” mindset.
- Combines deep technical expertise, systematic and rational root cause analysis to identify opportunities to make things faster and better
- Web Services
- Scripting Languages (Bash/Python/Perl)
- Splunk, Dynatrace, ELK/Kibana
- Load & performance testing tools ( e.g. JMeter)
- VMWare, Unix, Citrix, Linux, Solaris, Windows, Open Stack etc.
- Good Understanding of Public Cloud offerings & Microservice architecture.
- Exposure to AIOps would be a plus
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2021, 2:47:04 AM