At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
- Technical ownership for several applications and platforms within the Finance Data Engineering organization in support of Finance Organization and Enterprise products.
- Scope of technology platform primarily includes Oracle ERP. Scope also covers solutions built leveraging other COTS products, custom solutions across a variety of technology stacks including open source.
- Driving engineering solutions to enhance existing capabilities, add new features, lead initiatives focused towards modernization & transformation of platform, drive operational efficiency of platform to support transformation initiatives for Finance Month Close and cloud readiness roadmap.
- Development and maintenance of several critical applications, service integrations, and capabilities supporting the portfolio
- Partnering with technical leaders across a broader American Express Technology ecosystem to design platform architecture and drive continuous improvements of new frameworks/patterns.
- Ensuring availability and performance of platforms.
- Supporting and transforming the portfolio into an Agile/Lean, SAFe enabled as required by product-centric organization
- Cultivating an environment of engineering culture
- Identifying and implementing strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce and engineering talent.
- Leading software development teams and acting as an escalation point to remove impediments
- Engaging in solution design and ensuring alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps.
- Manage relationship with product owners, technology colleagues and other business stakeholders globally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Hands-on engineering experience of leading enterprise solutions in Finance domain leveraging Oracle ERP is a must.
- Experience of leading transformation including Cloud adoption journey of Oracle eBiz suite of products.
- 10+ years of large-scale hands-on Software Product Engineering experience with full stack (preferred) tools, Agile delivery methods in a complex environment and experience in developing solutions leveraging Open Source, Java, API, Microservices.
- Proven experience of attracting, hiring, retaining and leading top engineering talent and building high performing teams in a highly competitive market
- Deep understanding of the product / technology Platform’s underlying technology stack and its core components. Exposure to Oracle ERP is a must. Exposure to full stack is preferred.
- Strong systems integration architecture skills and a high degree of hands-on technical expertise with a proven track record of turning new technologies into business solutions
- Experience managing in a fast paced, complex and dynamic global environment
- Outstanding influential and collaboration skills; ability to partner with multiple stakeholders, create transformation roadmap and drive change, drive consensus and tangible outcomes, demonstrated by breaking down silos and fostering culture of collaboration
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2021, 2:02:45 AM