American Express is modernizing at pace, and you will be part of a growing team of data management professionals focused on providing world-class data management and data governance solutions that underpin this transformation. You will partner closely with Data Stewards, Data Custodians, Enterprise Data Management, Controllership, Risk, Treasury, Technologies and other teams to drive scalable data governance and data quality within Finance.
As a Finance Data Manager, you'll be defining and implementing a data quality program for Finance to govern data effectively and improve data quality across multiple regulatory processes. Our data must be the highest quality and you’ll be an integral part of ensuring compliance with policies, standards, and regulatory and external expectations. Continually evolving our data governance and data quality processes for maximum efficiency and implementation of industry best practices is key to working within our Agile development environment. The Finance Data Manager is a collaborator, a well-organized, action-oriented team player with exceptional leadership and time management skills, confident in presenting, facilitating, and building a network of strong relationships across our organization.
No two days are the same, but the Finance Data Manager’s responsibilities can include:
- Understanding governance, compliance, regulatory and audit requirements, and ensuring that these are factored into our technical solutions
- Collaborating on the definition and implementation of a data governance strategy
- Collaborating with the Enterprise Data Management group to ensure that the data quality solution fits the policies and guidelines of the organization
- Profiling and analyzing data from disparate systems
- Facilitating workshops to identify critical data elements, data quality rules, thresholds, and other business requirement
- Produce data quality scorecards, dashboards, reports and attestation packages
- Provide insight into the root-cause-analysis of data quality issues and assist in remediation of Audit and Regulatory feedback
- Recommending strategic improvements to data assessment process and making necessary enhancements to data analytical and data quality tools
- 3-5 years of experience in defining and implementing data governance and data quality programs, Financial Industry preferred
- Experience with data profiling and analysis best practices, technologies and tools.
- Experience working under Agile/Scrum/Kanban project methodologies preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and relationship skills
- Demonstrated ability to collect business requirements and use them to guide implementation of a technical solution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive, ability to manage multiple assignments and projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of the following is a plus: data governance and data quality tools, data analysis tools such as Ab Initio or Informatica Analyst, SQL
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 22, 2021, 3:51:45 PM