Payments Consulting plays a vital role in driving the success of the Global Merchant Network Services in the region by being the voice of our external partners; merchants, processors and vendors. This role supports across Global Merchant Services (GMS) and Blue Box to identify and deliver value through payment solutions that drive premium economics and a better customer experience. You will be responsible for delivering against strategic business objectives (merchant satisfaction and our financial commitment to shareholders) by providing consultative solution-building support to various internal and external clients and driving solution/product delivery into merchants, Third Party Processors (TPPs) and external vendors.
You will be responsible for consulting key merchants for American Express. You must also maintain an in-depth and current knowledge about the payments industry, market trends, existing and new payment-related technologies, products and services, and the structure of American Express and customer organizations. You should be an experienced and persuasive consultant with strong analytical skills, thought leadership, technical payments knowledge (card present and card not present) and have a strong track record of complex problem solving, developing business relationships and flawless project execution. Delivering on strategic business objectives;
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the merchant (current merchant’s payment acquiring environment, history, current goals and organizational drivers) and the payments industry.
- Provide consultative sales/solution support to merchants alongside the Merchant Acquisition (MA) and Client Management (CLM) teams in Singapore.
- Provide high quality product, process and solution consultancy to merchants and Third Party Processors (TPPs).
- Consult on various aspects of the solution including set-up, transmission, authorization, submission, settlement, reconciliation and disputes.
- Resolve escalated technical payments issues and support projects by leveraging internal partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure consistent delivery against merchant/partner expectations, escalating as necessary.
- Manage merchants and build relationships for success, bank partners, external vendors and processors.
- Engage in a consultative approach to driving product delivery linking market knowledge into Business development.
- Anticipate industry trends, data analytics reporting and cascade information to assist and influence strategic decision making, and positioning the unique value, features and benefits of American Express products and services Fostering strong internal relationships.
- Build and maintain relationships across American Express Blue Box to facilitate delivery of shared goals.
- Identify and implement strongly suited products and service solutions based on merchant, vendor or processor requirements, while keeping in line with organizational goals.
- Coordinate across internal/external partners and geographies to provide a timely delivery of projects within the specified budget and scope.
- Keep abreast and relevant in a fast-moving and highly regulated environment
- Detailed understanding of merchant acquiring payment processing, point of sale technology and emerging payment technologies (for example, EMV, PSD2, SCA, Mobile, Tokenization and QR) and the ability to articulate complex issues in a simple, non-technical manner
- The ability to establish, build and leverage relationships with both contractual partners, internal stakeholders, and externally across the industry
- Robust project management skills with a track record of driving results on multiple initiatives concurrently
- Outstanding people leadership skills
- Consultative sales, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Good understanding of card payments authorization, submission, reconciliation and disputes processes across a range of payment acquiring products and merchant industries
- Excellent project management skills with a proven track record in leading projects and driving results
- Excellent presence with solid written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability articulate complex issues in a simple non-technical manner
- Flexibility to work across time zones with groups regionally and globally
- Highly organized and results driven, proactive and forward thinking
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 4, 2020, 9:57:52 PM