This role is responsible for managing colleague communications and PR for the Phoenix and Salt Lake City markets. As a member of the Global Services Group (GSG) communications team, the manager will create, plan and manage colleague communications and engagement programs, conceive and manage ongoing editorial features for the local intranet site, support executive communications and local execution of key Amex and GSG initiatives.
- Provide communications support to global functional teams within GSG
- Manage teams based in Phoenix (PHX) and Salt Lake City (SLC) to execute local communications & PR programs.
- Serve as the senior communications lead providing strategic counsel for market initiatives and issues.
- Drive the strategic market and leadership communications programs for both local leadership teams.
- Create and executes communications strategies for Blue Box, market and GSG initiatives in each market.
- Oversee content and production of local news blog for all colleagues in PHX and SLC.
- Provide direct communications support to the PHX & SLC market leadership teams, as appropriate, for internal and external speaking and PR opportunities.
- Lead local PR strategy to support American Express as a great place to work and serves as local media spokesperson for any inquiries.
- Test new communication approaches in PHX & SLC.
- Pitches story ideas, writes, and manages approvals for Blue Box wide Square home page feature stories. Also develops content for GSG news publications and intranet.
- Oversees the market visual communications strategy for hundreds of digital/TV screens across the market and serves as subject matter expert on the technology platform. Provides oversight and counsels department leaders to ensure this channel delivers the maximum impact of engaging content.
- Serves on call 24/7 as part of the Crisis Response Team (CRT), responsible for both internal and external communications in the event of a crisis or other emergency (e.g., hurricanes, power outages, security threats, etc.).
- Plays a key role supporting local market executive visits (EVP/President/CEO).
- Determines how to promote Blue Box initiatives in the local region with a holistic communication strategy (i.e., Give2Gether, etc.).
- 5-7 years of professional experience in journalism, public relations, customer service communications or a closely related field.
- Highly developed written, visual and oral communications skills.
- Media relations experience with proven results.
- Experience working in a crisis environment (crisis communications planning/execution).
- Proven ability to craft and implement effective communications plans serving a broad audience.
- Ability to work directly with and influence senior leaders.
- Ability to deal with high pressure environment and constant change.
- Ability to think independently, quickly and apply good judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demonstrate flexibility.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team player with proven ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues across the company to support large-scale initiatives.
- Web/graphic design, video editing and photography a plus.
- Location: 18850 N. 56th Street Phoenix, Arizona 85054
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2021, 5:46:02 PM