At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial ability to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Our Corporate Affairs & Communications organization is seeking a high-performing summer intern to join a winning global communications team. The internship provides a terrific opportunity to gain hands on experience in many aspects of public relations, employee communications, and corporate social responsibility by working on high visibility projects that help advance strategic business initiatives. Throughout the course of the summer, interns are given exposure to senior leadership across CA&C.
The internship lasts 10 weeks throughout Summer 2021 (June through August).
How You’ll Contribute:
You’ll support the Corporate Communications team on a variety of summer projects that could include:
- Researching and writing American Express’ Employer of Choice and Workplace Quality submissions, specifically our robust Fortune Best Places to Work submission
- Develop organization updates and announcements for thousands of colleagues using a variety of communications channels
- Create communications around AXP’s philanthropic initiatives related to corporate social responsibility, preservation, leadership, and volunteerism
- Brainstorm potential communication concepts and approaches to select marketing programs
- Assist with the creation of social copy
- Develop PR strategies and press materials
- Initiate research for corporate initiatives –benchmarking against competitors, pulling background articles for interview preparation, researching issues for executive event prep documents
The type of experience you can expect:
- Experience working for a Fortune 500 company
- Understanding of traditional and social media
- Experience with employee communications and change management
- Experience creating press materials and executive prep documents
- Better understanding of corporate social responsibility
- Rising senior or graduate student graduating between December 2021 – June 2022
- Team player with ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues across a large organization to support major initiatives
- Excellent written, verbal and strategic thinking skills
- Some experience and ability to develop effective communications strategies and execute creative PR and social media programs
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment and constant change
- Ability to think independently, quickly and apply good judgment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demonstrate flexibility
- Excellent attention to detail
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
With a job at American Express, almost anything is possible. Apply now!
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Tags: USUndergrad, Handshake UNV-12520
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 22, 2020, 9:41:47 AM