Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Global Accounts Receivables (Global AR) platform is at the financial heart of the American Express Issuing Business, processing billions of customer transactions every year. We help create powerful, personal and fulfilling experiences for our customers who count on us every day. Our team plays a key role in the development of New Card and Non Card Products, Benefit Programs, Lending and Commerce initiatives that help grow revenue, deepen customer engagement and increase member value. The team drives the development of products and software that deliver business growth while constantly increasing speed to market and modernizing the platforms. The team is also responsible for enhancing customer experience through development and enhancement of software capabilities.
Our team, Receivables Management Product Development, is looking for a well-rounded, driven and experienced Product Manager. In this role, you will help shape the future of Lending for American Express by envisioning and developing well thought out features that support the vision, strategy and innovative landscape. This role will require you to partner and empathize with a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure our features deliver towards a great customer experience within the Lending space. A key part of this role will be to create and implement a culture of agility and product ownership in partnership with technology and business teams. This role requires strong multi-business unit stakeholder management and ability to influence across multiple levels. The candidate must be able to work well in a dynamic and complex environment, and at times under deadline pressures. In this role, you must be comfortable switching from a high level context with Stakeholders to granular level of detail with Engineers.
- Collaborate with business partners in defining roadmap for Accounts Receivables capabilities.
- Translate software product roadmap into minimum viable product iterations.
- Create well-defined features/user stories and acceptance test criteria within Business and Technology initiatives.
- Work with engineers to define scalable solutions that will drive breakdown of capabilities into features, and features into user stories.
- Own and accept all user stories or features for assigned scrum team or capabilities.
- Support the prioritization and development of the user stories, features, and capabilities in alignment with business objectives.
- Demo software (in accordance with acceptance criteria) to business and key stakeholders.
- Understand and apply new trends and competitive best practices into requirements and team method of work.
- Communicate and build consensus across multiple departments in creating the software product requirements.
- Work closely with the technology team to develop, test and deliver the defined user stories for the platform capabilities and features and rapidly iterate new solutions through automation and demo/prototyping.
- Ensure that the appropriate tracking and reporting is in place to track performance post launch in order to evaluate future investment.
- Champion, support and implement of agile principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Bachelor’s (or comparable experience) in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline preferred
- 3 years of experience in Software Product Management or similar role on a Bank Accounts Receivable or Payment Product with proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering on a product roadmap
- Excellent written/presentation & verbal communication
- Must be a quick learner and driven to learn new functionality
- Proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product roadmap from inception through maintenance while maintaining a customer first mindset.
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Ability to engage and influence technical and non-technical teams in a global organization
- Ability to think creatively and influence decision making across departments and levels within the organization.
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages and software architecture patterns preferred
- Can decompose abstract information into meaningful features
- Comfortable working with uncertainty or shifting business requirements
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Knowledge (experience preferred) of agile and scrum software development methodologies
Please note, Salary increases in case of a lateral move are provided only on an exception basis and in line with compensation guidelines.
Are you ready to be at the center of it all?
- Please include any education requirements, such as certifications, undergraduate or master degrees
- 2 years of experience in Product Management
- Proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product vision and roadmap
- Experience with rapid and iterative software development methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Knowledge of reporting/analytical applications
At the core of Product Management
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Emerging Technologies
- Business Analysis
- Adaptive Communication
- Strategy Formulation
- Business Case Development
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2020, 6:23:37 PM