As a part of American Express’ internal creative studio and reporting into Senior Manager, Design Lead, the Motion Graphics & Digital Designer will be responsible for concepting and designing motion graphics assets across several key pieces of business,
To be successful in this role, you will be equal parts visual storyteller and creative problem solver, turning social posts, video content, banners ads and more into moving masterpieces that bring our brand to life across platforms. You are a digital native who understands creative nuance across social platforms and the best ways to leverage these evolving features to help our brand cut through the clutter. You are as comfortable leading a strategic conversation as you are designing an asset and know that design at its core is a collaborative function – intuitively translating business goals into world class creative solutions.
- Conceptualize and create pixel-perfect, data-driven designs across a variety of digital marketing assets.
- Create compelling storyboards with detailed and feasible motion and interaction notes, with the ability to present to a variety of partners and stakeholders with clarity.
- Present solutions that leverage a deep knowledge of digital and social platforms and trends, with an eye towards testing into first-ever functionality and design solutions.
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Design & Copy Leads, and Account
- Prepare final files for delivery based on production specifications.
- Be a passionate advocate from animation, design, and marketing creative; live and breathe motion design and digital culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in design-related field and 5+ years of experience at an agency, in-house agency, or equivalent.
- A deep curiosity and passion for great design, current creative and technology trends, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong portfolio highlighting animation, motion graphics, and visual design executions, informed by solid design fundamentals and evidence of systemic design thinking.
- Superior knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects, and working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Working knowledge of 3D software such as Cinema 4D is a plus.
- Fluency in all areas of visual design with exceptional skills in typography, composition, and experience with design language systems and designing within content management systems.
- Master in exporting files for delivery across a wide range of channels and platforms for digital, social and video content.
- Ability to manage multiple project timelines simultaneously in a demanding deadline-driven environment.
- Experience working in a corporate environment a plus.
- With your application, please include a link to your online portfolio to be considered.
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 12, 2021, 5:07:38 PM