Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express has recently completed the acquisition of Kabbage, a leading financial technology company providing cash flow management solutions to U.S. small businesses. The strategic acquisition is an important step towards our enterprise goal of being an essential partner to small businesses through a broad range of payment, cash flow and financial management products and tools. The integration of the Kabbage business also enables us to provide expanded financing options with the backing of our best-in-class risk management capabilities and Credit & Fraud Risk teams.
The Kabbage Product Line Risk Team is looking for a Manager/Sr.Manager to lead the efforts to develop end to end fraud controls for all Kabbage products. The successful applicant will need to have a deep expertise in payment and banking products and fraud risk.
Fraud Risk Oversight
- Create & own fraud management framework to oversee Fraud loss KPIs
- Develop and manage analytics to identify and monitor fraud trends
- Implement strategies to minimize fraud while retaining excellent customer experience
- As we roll out new products and features, define requirements to ensure product compliance
Fraud Policy and Strategy Development
- Develop the Fraud strategy foundation and spearhead analyses to inform management and influence boarder org fraud policies
- Track, communicate and draw insights from the performance of ongoing initiatives & be on top of all fraud KPIs through intensive monitoring
Governance & Escalation
- Develop internal policies, procedures, and communications, as needed, to govern and execute fraud strategies.
- Own internal and external Fraud reporting, including to senior management
- Responsible for responding to and resolving fraud attacks in real-time basis
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across Operations, Engineering and Product among others to turn insights into action
- Develop and manage business routines that continuously incorporate analytics and strategies into operational execution
3+ years of lending and/or banking experience across the fraud life cycle
Analytical, relationship and project management skills for driving large cross functional initiative
Ability to design and develop fraud solutions using SAS, SQL, R, Python or other programming language
Proven track record of developing robust and insightful communications suitable for senior management, our regulators and the Board
Direct experience working with cross-functional internal teams and external vendors to implement strategies and drive results
Bachelor's or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in risk management, especially deposit & operational risk (Masters in Science, engineering/tech, math/stats or MBA degree) is strongly preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 11, 2020, 8:08:47 PM