Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the global leader in providing payments solutions for Small, Medium and Large businesses. The mission of the Global Card, Consulting & Digital Experience (GCCDE) team within GCS is to create products that are the best choice for our customers. We achieve this by being customer and competitor obsessed, delivering market leading value, and creating great experiences for our products.
This is an exciting time to be joining the team, as it is focused on launching new products and continuing to enhance them over the next 12 to 18 months.
This director will be responsible for leading a team focused on core product management for our bank products, including debit and/or ATM products and use of rewards to incentivize behaviors that drive customer primacy. This includes deep P&L understanding, operations and servicing expertise and a maniacal focus on the customer experience. Additionally, the team is responsible for program management across key aspects of the commercial banking projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
Drive strategic change and deliver new card and reward capabilities to grow profitability; partner with key stakeholders across the Blue Box to ensure alignment and buy-in on all elements of strategic development
Lead launch strategy for key commercial banking products, including go-to-market planning, servicing plans and overall customer experience
Manage product team for banking and rewards products, including establishing principles and marketing practices, supporting the Field, and developing servicing strategies
Own the overall P&L for product specific developments and portfolio management, on top of ensuring engagement with network team and 3rd party debit processors
Develop and maintain analytic and financial insights to ensure key shareholder goals are met
Assess and prioritize customer experience optimization and integration for GCS banking products
Support the team in leading the program across planning and implementation phases, linking multiple areas of work and key activities across projects
Lead a high performing cross-functional team of three
- Deep understanding of service applications, card management, card production and transaction processing (including EFT networks)
- Debit and ATM experience a plus
- Creative thinker who is solution oriented – ability to innovate and challenge the status quo
- Passionate focus on the customer– demonstrated desire to understand and solve for customer needs and pain points
- Strong ability to create and execute innovative strategic initiatives
- Experience acting as business owner for large-scale business-focused projects with Tech and Operational linkages
- Proven ability to influence and drive results at all levels across the organization
- Strong analytical and strategic skills - can make actionable recommendations based on aggregating different data sources
- Previous experience in product or program innovation along with understanding of the business customer
- Self-starter capable of functioning independently and able to work effectively with global team members and partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in digital payments is a plus
- Engaged and adept people leader
- Bachelor’s degree required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 20, 2020, 8:22:35 AM