Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express has recently completed the acquisition of Kabbage, a leading financial technology company providing cash flow management solutions to U.S. small businesses. The strategic acquisition is an important step towards our enterprise goal of being an essential partner to small businesses through a broad range of payment, cash flow and financial management products and tools. The integration of the Kabbage business also enables us to provide expanded financing options with the backing of our best-in-class risk management capabilities and Credit & Fraud Risk teams.
The WCT and POS Risk team is looking for a Manager/Sr.Manager to perform the following:
- Develop risk management solutions for WCT and POS with support of credit risk, fraud risk, operational risk, and/or customer acquisition and retention strategies, leveraging commercial and/or consumer bureau data maintained in our proprietary closed loop environment.
- Develop core risk management rules and policies through innovate solutions in collaboration with internal and external partners to leverage external partner platforms and data
- Close collaboration with partners and stakeholders to drive results and grow the portfolio
- Closely Partner with teams across Acquisition, Risk Business Development, Enterprise Digital, Product and Finance to develop partner strategies that enable prudent and profitable growth, while controlling for through-the-cycle volatility
- Enhance risk decisions by incorporating new information, new techniques, and changing factors
- Build strong relationships and provide proactive and thoughtful communications to stakeholders and partner teams
- Analyze structured and unstructured data, and translate that data using statistical, financial, machine learning, engineering, or business intelligence techniques into actionable business insights and strategies.
- Identify and evaluate new data sources (regulated and non-regulated) that could add incremental profitability to our products/services
- Minimum 3-5 years in lending or payments risk management or strongly analytical function
- Demonstrated analytical skills and a rigorous, data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Credit Risk Management experience with an in-depth understanding of the end-to-end credit lifecycle, as well as understanding of credit metrics and processes
- Demonstrated experience with SAS, SQL, Python, and experience in translating data insights to strategies
- Effective collaboration skills to bring others along, high energy, and a proven team-first mentality
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships, management and influencing skills. Ability to manage multiple partners internal and external
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 20, 2020, 3:24:56 PM