Engineering Director – Global Pay
Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the global leader in providing payments solutions for Small, Medium and Large businesses. The mission of the Global Commercial Services Technology (GCST) team within GCS is to partner with our Product teams to deliver a suite of payments solutions that make us the best choice for customers. We achieve this by being customer and competitor obsessed, delivering market leading value, and creating great experiences for our products. As Cross Border / FX payments remain an integral part of our payments strategy, a decision has been made to bring to market a new and innovative Global Pay solution to drive significant business growth. This will maximize our existing customer relationships and provide a seamless payment experience, integrating with other payment capabilities to fulfil the full extent of the financial needs of our customers.
The Engineering Director, Global Pay product will report into Vice President, B2B Payments and lead the associated scrum teams, and work alongside the CBP Product organization.
- Roadmap and implementation strategies for Global Pay product.
- Drive innovation and lead engineering development within a fast paced, agile environment.
- Cultivate an environment of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
- Drive the adoption of GCS Engineering Excellence framework and practices, focusing on inner-source and incremental value delivery
- Attract, retain and grow top engineering talent, providing guidance, career development and mentorship to team members
- Engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps.
- Focus on building platforms and reusable components.
- Be a change agent and willing to challenge status quo while helping to drive the essential changes.
- Collaborate with business and technology leaders, partners, Engineers and product owners to understand and develop technical solutions that deliver strong business outcomes.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- University degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Strong technical background demonstrated by growing through multiple engineering leadership roles of increasing seniority.
- Possess a good blend of business and technical capability and has a strong desire to learn new things as well as research customer insights, trends and business challenges.
- Ability to work with Product Management function to define future roadmap, and turn this into deliverable features, alongside the Product Development organisation.
- Significant demonstrated experience building and shipping large scale products.
- Experience leading multi-disciplined engineering teams using a servant leadership attitude that have comprised of for example, scrums teams, Systems Teams or SRE’s and Discovery teams.
- Proven track record to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts
- Collaborate with the delivery teams to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation.
- Strong understanding of SOA, Restful, Event Driven, and Microservices technologies for large scale environments.
- Deep understanding of quality standards, TDD/BDD concepts, and automation best practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be comfortable delivering presentations to small and large groups including executive level management internally and externally.
- Hands on experience with technology planning and road mapping.
- Ability to drive innovation in practical, actionable way.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 12:10:27 PM