Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Manager/Senior Manager – AP Automation and Platforms Risk
In this critical role you will ensure our team strikes the balance between sales, product and risk needs for the AP Automation product through the entire customer life cycle. In order to enable growth, the risk team will be responsible for enhancing the supplier verification, prescreen, enrollment journey and payment process by helping to build a capabilities and strategies that cuts across products, platforms and teams. Additionally, ensuring that the product can meet customer needs, such as capacity and ability to service the entire AP file, while balancing credit risk
If you are passionate about solving complex business problems and understanding how risk fits into product constructs, platform builds and strategy – this is an ideal role for you.
Below are the principle responsibilities for this role:
- Lead creation of a best in class and global supplier verification, prescreening and enrollment journey from a risk perspective, mapping platforms, incorporating existing and potential innovative data sources and designing any relevant risk requirements
- Work with business partners to design effective credit, fraud, and settlement risk management strategies in high growth, non-traditional products
- Working hand in hand with partner teams, solving for issues on the sales team related to risk; oversee the end to end underwriting strategy, including capacity allocation and capacity reduction triggers;
- Review and improve risk management policies as it relates to these products, seeking global consistency and supporting partner goals
- Work with business partners to enhance value proposition, improve customer experience and strengthen regulatory and compliance alignment. Diagnose operational opportunities to improve the customer experience and manage risk
- Desire to learn platforms and system basics in order diagnose issues that may arise with products
- Lead, engage, and inspire a team of 1-2 analysts
- A strong balance of strategic and analytic acumen, with a high level of intellectual agility, curiosity, and capacity for original and innovative thoughts
- Ability to serve as a bridge between risk and technologies to provide requirements, map systems and identify relevant existing and potential data, with an eye towards building for global scalability
- 3+ years of experience in credit, fraud or settlement risk management – in capabilities, underwriting, customer management, and/or fraud or as a portfolio credit officer. OR 3+ years in Accounts Payable or Vendor Payment Roles with exposure to settlement risk OR 3+ years in strategy consulting
- Ability to cope with ambiguity and complexity, managing a multitude of projects and relationships
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills (Masters in an analytical field or MBA preferred)
- Implements and manages change effectively; challenge status qu
- Collaborates and influences appropriately
- Ability to quickly gain respect from and add value to any team
- Team player but prepared to share own opinion even at the risk of alienating
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to all levels of the organization
- Experience in vendor payments, AP automation, settlements or industry experience a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 18, 2020, 2:27:22 PM