American Express has recently completed the acquisition of Kabbage, a leading financial technology company providing cash flow management solutions to U.S. small businesses. Kabbage, as part of American Express, will continue to offer a broad range of payment, cash flow and financial management products and tools.
The Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) team within American Express’ Global Risk and Compliance (GRC) organization is looking for a director to serve as Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) Officer for Kabbage and its product line.
The Kabbage BSA/AML Officer would oversee Kabbage’s BSA/AML and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) program and act as the primary liaison for related issues with wider compliance teams within American Express, as well as with internal and external business partners.
- Ownership of Kabbage’s BSA/AML and OFAC policy and program, including periodic reviews and updates, and execution of the BSA/AML Officer responsibilities therein.
- Coordination and alignment of Kabbage’s BSA/AML program with American Express enterprise and American Express National Bank policies and programs, as applicable.
- Development and implementation of procedures related to Kabbage and American Express policies.
- Supporting multiple product lines (e.g., lending, business checking, payment facilitator) in the review of proposed new or amended products, services, initiatives, or distribution channels and assessment of BSA/AML risk and mitigations.
- Reviewing changes to BSA/AML-related laws, regulations, guidance, or regulatory expectations and ensuring that Kabbage implements processes to remain in compliance, including under any contractual obligations with its external partners.
- Conducting and coordinating risk assessments and annual testing.
- Managing requests and escalations between Kabbage team and compliance, including GFCC, on BSA/AML and OFAC related topics.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the BSA/AML and OFAC program and any corrective actions taken.
- Supporting regulator and audit supervision of Kabbage’s activities, whether stemming from American Express or Kabbage external partner regulatory or audit relationships.
- Reporting to senior leadership within American Express on BSA/AML and OFAC program performance.
- 6+ years in a previous legal or compliance managerial role regulated financial services, payments, or FinTech company or law firm advising on BSA/AML and OFAC or acting in a BSA/AML Compliance Officer or Deputy capacity.
- Expert knowledge of regulations and compliance best practices related to BSA/AML, OFAC, CIP, KYC, Customer Due Diligence.
- Ability to initiate, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet and anticipate frequent deadlines in a timely manner, and manage projects independently from start to finish.
- Effective collaboration skills to bring others along, high energy, and proven team-first mentality
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships, as well as management and influencing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt to relevant audience, including C-suite level executives, as well as regulators.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Additional qualifications to aid competitiveness:
- CAMS or similar certification
- Experience with checking, payment facilitation, and lending products.
- FinTech compliance experience.
- Project management experience.
- Previous experience working with regulatory agencies, e.g. OCC, FDIC, CFPB, or state agencies
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2021, 1:29:30 PM