This position is within the Model & Market Risk Management and Capabilities (MMRC) under the Global Risk and Compliance (GRC) unit at American Express.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting MMRC’s Strategic Initiatives & Model Governance team for the following tasks:
- Develop, maintain, and execute the enterprise-wide model risk management (MRM) governance framework, policies, and procedures which include but not limited to:
- Report the enterprise-wide MRM status and risk appetite framework (RAF) escalations to Senior Leaders and the Board of the Company
- Formalize MRM governance processes and perform monthly maintenance, review, and testing of the enterprise-wide MRM policy and procedures
- Support the team in managing interactions and examinations with the U.S. financial industry regulators and internal audit teams; ensure timely closure of outstanding findings
- Continuously improve the enterprise’s MRM capabilities platform in the context of process improvements, heightened controls, and efficiency; add values across multiple stakeholders within the First, Second, and Third lines of Defenses in the Company
- Support various strategic initiatives – i.e., participate in short-to-medium term, high-impact projects pertaining to risk management and strategy. Each engagement is unique, may include exercises such as performing industry research, designing a new risk management framework for AI applications, conducting risk due diligence, etc.
This position will provide the opportunity to interface directly with Senior Leaders within GRC as well as across the enterprise; the nature of the work is fast paced with high impact.
- Analytically superior and a good problem solver
- Able to demonstrate strong knowledge of risk and financial management
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; able to clearly articulate or interpret technical documents, regulatory guidelines, and complex project requirements in a concise manner to various stakeholders
- Outstanding multi-tasking and project management skills
- Excellent at writing professional technical documents; and creating consulting-style presentations
- Superb teamwork aptitude, to work with colleagues and stakeholder across various AXP offices globally
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint skills; ability to use SQL, R, Python, or SAS is a plus
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Self-starter and enthusiastic attitude
- Prior consulting / large project management experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in management or science (statistics, finance, decision science, economics, or closely related fields)
- Graduate degree such as M.S. and Ph.D. (in statistics, finance, decision science, economics, or closely related fields); or MBA is preferred
- Expertise in financial analysis, multivariate analysis and statistics / econometric modeling is preferred.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 29, 2021, 9:20:37 PM