Accertify Inc. a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Express, is a leader in providing software, tools, and strategies for preventing online fraud and mitigating enterprise-wide risks. Accertify is committed to providing e-commerce companies with comprehensive and cost-effective solutions to fraud.
As a part of the team, you will:
- Work with business representatives, Lead Developers, and the Director of Software Development to design, build and test new products and features
- Work independently or on small team projects
- Participate in requirement gathering and design sessions
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Troubleshoot and optimize code for usability, performance, and scalability
We seek individuals with strong fundamental programming experience, great communication skills, and a love for working on challenging problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Very strong and demonstrable analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Professional programming experience in an enterprise setting
- High volume transactional environment experience
- 4+ years of software development experience as a Java developer
- A solid understanding of "how things work" in the world of computers, the Internet, databases, and the Java programming language
- Familiarity with basic programming constructs (conditionals, loops, data structures)
- Strong Relational database skills (SQL, JDBC - Oracle and MySQL preferred) and the ability to troubleshoot and optimize slower queries.
- Exposure to modern front-end technologies - CSS, Less, Bootstrap, AngularJS
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2021, 4:02:59 PM