Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the global leader in providing payments solutions for Small, Medium and Large businesses. The Operational Excellence (OE) team aims to ensure that GCS has a robust first line of defense, playing an active role in supporting the growth of business, meet its objectives and demonstrating an effective control framework.
This position will be part of the Operational Excellence team and will be responsible for design, implementation and assessment of the end-to-end control environment for Kabbage in accordance with our company’s risk appetite.
- Integrating Kabbage into the overall GCS Operational Excellence program
- Setting strategy for, developing and managing Process Risk Self Assessment (PRSA) Universe including updates and refreshes for all Kabbage processes
- Developing and designing controls as well as tests of adherence to compliance regulations for Kabbage PRSAs
- Defining and supporting integration with core OE programs, including: Issue Management, New Product Approvals, Regulatory Enablement, TLM, Sales Practices, Change Management Governance, Complaints Management
- Working closely with Kabbage teams to understand the products and processes and introduce the Amex control framework
- Working closely with control partners (including compliance, legal, privacy, information security, technology, fraud, credit risk, and AENB) to implement control environment in accordance with company risk appetite
- Supporting the the RBST (Regulatory Business Self Testing) program through controls testing
- 4+ years experience in Internal control, Audit, Compliance or Operations
- Strong relationship competencies, demonstrated ability to collaborate, influence and manage through conflict and develop relationships to achieve successful outcomes with multiple band levels
- Strong team player, and self-motivation with the ability to handle multiple work streams under tie constraints and across geographical locations and ad-hoc tasks simultaneously
- Ability to build strategic partnerships with key stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to convey clear insight and thought leadership
- Solid risk and control, and/or process improvement related background, preferably experience in risk assessment
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to ask the “right” questions without having extensive knowledge in a particular business area
- Experience with regulators or regulated entities as well as internal and external auditors is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2021, 2:10:56 PM