The Belgium External Sales Representative will focus predominantly on managing External Sales Agents recruiting targeted Merchants to accept the American Express card. As part of American Express coverage strategy in Belgium, the primary objective of this position will be to drive Merchant acceptance expansion in Brussels.
This role will be key to ensure the External Sales agents adhere to American Express strategy, recruit the appropriate prospects in targeted geographies.
A key part of the role will be to ensure External Sales Agents high performance and optimize the ratio of signing per visit with some daily signing objectives.
The successful candidate will be required to have strong sales technics acumen to be able to coach the External sales agents and ensure their performance is at the expected level. Part of this coaching could require to do shadow visits, assess objection handling, create reports to measure and enhance performance.
The external sales representative will be supported by central and local team members in preparing prospects lists, getting tools and data to address prospects objections, ensure sales tools are available and up to date to meet necessary compliance requirements, produce sales performance reports…
This role could evolve for broader External Sales agents responsibility across Belgium and Luxembourg.
This position reports directly into the Director head of merchant acquisition for American Express in Belux.
- Responsible for sales development with External Sales Agents (ESA) through virtually daily contacts with ESA sales leadership and teams.
- Ensure the American Express sales (Merchant recruitments) needs and expectations are understood, and ESA sales technics are efficient.
- Training of new Sales agents recruited by ESA partners.
- As a sales coach, will collect and share information to improve the sales agents sales technics as well as provide feedback to Amex support teams to improve prospects leads generation.
- Could also act as a coach leading by example performing a few direct sales.
- Ensure the sales tools are optimized to respect the compliance requirements and support sales efficiency.
- Analyse sales performance reports to optimize sales tactics and signing ratios.
- Participate or lead external Sales Agents strategic discussions and internal conversations
- Approval of all newly set up merchant contracts in Merchant Force CRM for End to End set up.
- Support the development and execution of the BeLux GMNS strategy to meet and exceed business goals
- Work with key stake holders (local and international) to ensure best practice sharing and optimized ESA performance.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Minimal expertise and competencies:
- 3-5 years experience within sales.
- Possess demonstrated sales expertise as well as ability to coach others in transferring sales expertise.
- At ease in objections handling.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to compile, structure and synthesise information to come to valuable conclusions and define concrete tactics to turn a problem into a solution or to report to support team so they can quickly understand the need and support in finding solutions.
- Set pro-actively clear sales objectives, punctually draw plans in logic steps, taking into account the priorities and allocate the appropriate resources when needed.
- Develop others including external partners, give specific advice and coach them in their growth
- Influence others by leaving a good impression, setting the example, getting ideas accepted by others, using strong arguments, working towards a win-win solution and adapting effectively to the interlocutor(s) or audience
- Develop oneself by actively looking for learning opportunities in accordance with one’s own competencies, interests and ambitions, critically questioning his/her own performances and by continuously learning new insights.
- Proven sales and negotiation skills, in short cycle negotiations and with small merchants would be plus.
- Good planning, coaching and organizing skills
- Strong relationship, collaborating & influencing skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Enquiring mind, innovative, Strong eye for detail
- High integrity and Team player
- Bachelor or University degree
- Full-time role based in Brussels to start
- Dutch – Experienced (written & oral)
- French – Experience (written & oral)
- English – Experience (written & oral)
- MS Office - Experienced
- Knowledge of Merchant Force, Genesis
- Understanding of End to End merchant set up and compliance requirements.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2021, 3:34:38 AM