Senior Manager – Global Client Group, Global Merchant Services (Japan)
This position is globally responsible for managing all aspects of American Express’ merchant relationships with a portfolio of our largest global accounts. The role is based in Japan and reports into the Director of GMS Global Client Group in Asia.
This portfolio will consist of key Airlines and Lodging merchants headquartered in the market and selected GCG accounts from other markets and regions. For these accounts, the role will provide local support to grow and expand our merchant relationships. This role is responsible for developing strong commercial relationships and for identifying and driving new business opportunities to profitably grow the business and maximise the value delivered to our merchants.
The incumbent will also develop joint marketing plans and will focus on leveraging our global capabilities and closed loop network to drive spend growth and increase share of wallet.
The incumbent will work closely with GMS GCG colleagues in other regions / markets and other American Express business units such as PCS, GCS, Marketing, Pricing and other related functions.
- Manage the day-to-day relationships between American Express and a portfolio of GCG account.
- Support and collaborate with GMS organization in Japan to drive and support key local initiative including the fee-based revenue, low-cost carrier acquisition
- Deepen existing commercial relationships and develop day-to-day level and senior level contacts at accounts.
- Drive new business initiatives that will grow our share of spend and increase the value delivered by American Express.
- Enhance premium value delivery to the accounts to minimize Discount Rate erosion and enable “value recapture”.
- Renegotiate commercial agreements, ensuring that they are signed in line with all American Express policies and business goals.
- Develop and implement targeted marketing campaigns that will deliver additional Cardmember benefits and drive spend with accounts.
- Work closely with accounts and cross-functional American Express teams to ensure that all technical and financial issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Sell in products and process enhancements that will drive operational efficiency and make American Express the preferred payment method.
- Work closely with all American Express business units, supporting existing initiatives and identifying / driving new Blue Box business opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
- The position is based in Japan
- Require proficient language skill in Japanese and English. Ability to speak, write and read the language.
- Excellent relationship management skills and a strong track record in managing complex, multi-national, global account portfolios.
- Desire to ensure that customer’s needs are clearly understood, and appropriate solutions are developed and implemented in a timely manner.
- Sales and account relationship experience and a creative mindset to identify innovative solutions.
- Ability to develop and grow business relationships using strong influencing and project management skills.
- Solid analytical and strategic thinking abilities together with experience of using complex data analysis.
- Ability to develop and present in-depth financial models together with the ability to handle complex objections in a positive and constructive manner.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2021, 2:59:49 AM