Audit Senior Manager (Band 35). EMEA – Spain
The candidate will represent the third line defense in Spain – a key market for the Amex governance across the EMEA Region – and will participate as a key team member on integrated audit projects responsible for assisting with annual planning and owning core audit tasks, more complex areas and challenging workloads on successive assignments. This position requires:
- strong analytical and communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to interface effectively with colleagues – at all levels and across departments – to influence decision-making and drive management’s focus on control;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and provide quality review across deliverables;
- Ability to break-down a complex problem into components, solve them using data analysis, process knowledge and risk/control knowledge, and communicate data analysis, issues and control recommendations with clarity and professionalism.
- Manage simultaneous audit projects of all sizes and complexity across multiple business areas within and outside of local region, in unfamiliar areas, and for different audit leaders
- Effectively works independently, within a team and across teams in a fast paced environment to drive business results, utilizing related project management skills, employing creative thinking, a focus on quality, and the ability to work on competing priorities
- Proficient use of automated work papers and other department and company tools
- Ensure effective and efficient execution of audits in conformance with professional and department standards, budgets, and timelines
- Present audit objectives, scope, and results to senior management, clearly articulating the potential impact of control gaps in a highly professional competent manner
- Evaluate results, synthesize audit findings across the project, draft audit reports, and ensure effective and efficient audit execution
- Proactively manage audit execution including supervise and mentor junior staff, review their workpapers, and escalate issues
- Validate that actions taken by management to address findings are appropriate and document the results
- Collaborate with audit teams to understand the data behind key processes, risk and controls to develop analytic control tests and analyze and interpret their results
- Assist multiple team leaders, senior auditors and staff auditors in accomplishing team objectives and producing excellent results
- Effectively coach, teach, mentor and develop less experienced colleagues and co-sourced resources in geographically diverse locations across all aspects of their role, the audit and analytic lifecycle, audit methodology and best practices
- Experience with technology control testing including interface inputs, reports, application security and business continuity and third parties.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Preferred financial services industry experience and an understanding of related products, services, features, economics and key regulations
- BA, BS, or equivalent degree in accounting or finance related field
- Knowledge and experience in application of control theory and professional auditing practices
- Understanding of regulatory, accounting, and financial industry guidance relevant to the business, including technology and data implications
- Experience with data analytic tools, data visualization, key risk indicators (KRIs), key performance indicators (KPIs), and scorecards / dashboards
- Demonstrated track record of integrity, innovation and excellence
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate complex control issues to senior management
- Ability to travel.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2021, 5:44:34 AM