Growing consumer lending is a top priority for American Express. The Global Lending and Cobrand (GLC) organization is focused on responsibly meeting the borrowing needs of our Customers by developing and managing a suite of innovative lending products and features that meet the evolving needs of our Customers.
The Pricing Capabilities & Operations team plays a critical role in enabling innovation and delivery of this vision by identifying opportunities and driving revenue growth. The team manages pricing of existing Customers, builds new capabilities to support new lending products and features, and focuses on operational excellence to drive high Customer satisfaction. The team accomplishes this by partnering closely with business partners including Product Management, Risk, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Technologies, Servicing, and Operational Risk.
The Pricing Capabilities Product Manager responsibilities will include a mix of ideation, product development, and project management. Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with business partners to develop innovative lending and pricing strategies
- Assessing the feasibility of these strategies with our partners
- Creating detailed requirements to execute the strategies
- Owning the execution and delivery of the strategy
- Assisting in development of user test conditions and to assure quality
- Evaluating the results of product and feature launches
- Creating a roadmap for future capabilities
- 3-5 years of experience in Product Development or Project Management
- Proven ability to translate Business needs into effective features (requirements) and acceptance criteria (testing conditions)
- Experience using SQL or other programming language for analysis preferred
- Knowledge of operational risk mitigation and business assurance preferred
- High quality written and oral communication skills and ability to influence business decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven track record of leading and influencing cross functional teams and leaders
- Curiosity, willingness to explore, to learn, and to apply systems thinking
- Understanding of credit card regulations and impact on pricing strategies preferred
- Knowledge of credit card economics and analytical acumen to assess business results and customer impacts preferred
- Strategic thinking and ability to balance short term objectives with long term business needs
- Experience in Agile SDLC methodologies
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 20, 2021, 12:51:43 PM