This position will be responsible for all compliance matters in Thailand. This includes maintaining the effectiveness of regulatory compliance programs in line with Thailand regulatory requirements and expectations. This position will be the primary liaison with the key regulators in the market, develop up-to-date local compliance policies and procedures, conduct training to the employees, incorporate the latest regulatory requirements in rapidly changing business & regulatory environment and provide compliance advice to the business.
Success to this position requires an in-depth understanding of Thailand regulatory regimes and pertinent regulatory requirements, maintain a strong relationship with the business groups and SMEs / keys stakeholders within / outside Thailand on local regulatory requirements, while having good understanding of the implication to business operations.
The position reports into the Director of Compliance, Singapore & Thailand.
Job responsibilities include:
- Strategizes/develops compliance programs, policies and procedures
- Drives compliance risk assessments
- Leads compliance monitoring and testing activities
- Coordinates and conducts compliance-related training
- Helps drive culture of compliance through effective communications
- Advises on regulatory matters and compliance gaps impacting the business
- Manages the local AML, sanctions and anti-corruption activities
- Maintains relationships with and interfaces with local regulators
- Effectively reports to senior leaders on Compliance matters to ensure proper oversight
- Participates on local risk and senior management governance committees
- Engages on product developments and new regulation implementations
- Manages internal audit activities, regulatory exams and related reviews
- Organizes, manages and motivates the team and addresses matrix issues
- Minimum 8 years of direct regulatory compliance or legal experience in Thailand. Professional certifications or Diplomas in compliance.
- Strong understanding of the Thailand regulatory requirements for retail consumer financial services or credit card business.
- Knowledge of payments industry, payments systems, risks and players in the industry.
- Experience in dealing with the regulators on compliance matters.
- Experience and proven success record with leading regulatory implementation projects across different lines of business.
- Problem solver and experience with assisting the business with implementation and resolving issues.
- Strong understanding of credit card and/or retail consumer banking business models at a global financial institutions, with complex system & technology infrastructure and a matrix organizational structure.
- Strong understanding of internal controls. Hands-on experience or professional certifications in internal controls. Ability to identify control defects and develop remediation by reviewing & evaluating existing business processes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and writing, to be able to effectively develop regulatory policies & procedures and conduct training over the pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Experience in working effectively in a globally complex matrix organization across diverse business groups and product lines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to effective coach and guide direct reports.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 10, 2020, 8:13:04 PM