- Implement software development practices to build observability, alerting, tracing, automation, and self-healing capabilities to maintain the highest levels of platform availability.
- Champion and drive cross-organizational development efforts for the optimization of application monitoring and resiliency capabilities.
- Nurture an environment of innovation and continuous improvement, leading changes that drive efficiencies into existing engineering and delivery processes.
- Adhere to compliance targets and enterprise security standards.
- Act as forward-thinking leader and remain current on modern technology-leading trends.
- Attract, retain, and grow top talent, providing guidance, career development and mentorship to team members.
- Collaborate with Global Infrastructure, Service Operations, and 3rd party Supplier partners to manage the day-to-day operations that ensure optimal performance, quality, and availability of technology platforms.
- Lead cross -platform, technology, and department efforts to ensure alignment towards a singular goal of customer journey/experience-based service support.
- 10+ years of overall technology industry experience and technical delivery for large-scale organizations or start-ups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Extensive experience as a leader within a Technology organization and/or in a product development company with experience developing observability and self-healing capabilities.
- Proven experience attracting, hiring, retaining, and leading engineering talent
- Experience with Organizational Transformation
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban, or another Agile application development methodology.
- Understanding monitoring and logging technologies, including complete event driven ecosystems and time-series or machine-learning AI concepts from a product owner and customer experience perspective
- Experience with building and improving world class monitoring and alerting platforms.
- Adopted or created platforms that can deliver enterprise-class observerability platforms and processes that can help create frictionless customer experience.
- Built self-service tools, time series algorithm for predicting anomalies and conducted forensic diagnostics inorder to detect and resolve anomalies avoiding degradation and disruption.
- Experience working with Jira, Service Desk, Confluence etc.
- Experience working with any of the AI Tools: Pagerduty, Moogesoft, BigPanda and Data Lake tools like Splunk and ELK.
- Experience developing in or supporting one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, Go and/or NodeJS
- Good working knowledge of at least one public cloud such as AWS, Azure or Google.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration and/or workflows tools; i.e. Puppet, Ansible, etc
High performing Behaviors
- Combine technical expertise, a continuous improvement and automation mindset, with a foundation in creating innovative solutions for command center
- Customer Focused – Does what is right for the customer
- Be a change agent and willing to challenge status quo while helping to drive the necessary changes
- Drive innovation in processes, software, and open source to meet the needs of the customer
- Proven ability to effectively resolve conflict
- Ability to influence management matrix to achieve outcomes without direct responsibility
- Adaptability, Collaboration & Teamwork, Continuous Improvement and Tenacity
Technology Core Competencies
- Adaptive Communication
- Agile Practices
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Organizational Change Management
- Technical Acumen
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 3, 2021, 9:31:05 PM