American Express National Bank (“AENB”) is American Express’ chartered national bank. Headquartered in Utah, AENB is the single largest entity within American Express’ business, currently representing more than 50 percent of the company’s Card Member Spending, nearly 90 percent of its lending and more than 60 percent its of revenues. AENB provides its customers with access to consistent payments, financing and savings products in three ways, including:
- Issuing and servicing charge and credit cards for our consumer and small business segments;
- Offering commercial loans to small and midsized merchants, as well as installment loans to consumers; and
- Maintaining a Personal Savings program consisting of high-yield savings accounts and certificate of deposit products.
AENB is also home to The Center for Community Development (“CCD”) for American Express. The CCD is charged with the implementation and execution of the Community Reinvestment Act (“CRA”), which requires banks, like AENB, to meet community credit needs, particularly those of low- and moderate-income individuals and communities.
We are passionate about our commitment to drive AENB’s goals of growth and progress by creating a culture of awareness and proactivity around regulatory matters, and by partnering closely with affiliates across the enterprise to ensure we deliver maximum value to our shareholders and our customers efficiently and effectively. AENB is dedicated to building diversity and inclusive leadership across all levels of the organization.
Within AENB the Vendor and Operational Risk team is responsible for managing AENB’s affiliate and third party vendor risk programs, leading the company’s intercompany agreement center of excellence, and executing the AENB’s operational risk framework within the 1st line of defense.
This position will be based in Sandy, Utah.
- Inclusive mind-set and behaviors across all levels of organization
- Demonstrated experience building, sustaining and leveraging relationships
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills and attention to detail with excellent follow-up skills
- Demonstrated willingness to take initiative and act decisively
- Ability to think strategically and influence teammates on multiple, cross-functional teams
- Positive, can-do attitude embracing growth mindset
- Project management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Currently enrolled in full-time undergraduate degree program in business, economics, risk analysis or other quantitative fields
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize, manage, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data to identify trends and themes
- Proven ability to translate highly technical and complex information into easily understandable terms
- Strong understanding and knowledge of core banking concepts
- Strong analytical skills; familiarity with statistical/analytical software packages a plus
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations relating to regulated financial institutions a plus
- Experience in a related discipline including audit, compliance, risk, regulatory management, law, marketing and product management, finance, technologies or control related functions
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Learn more about Risk at American Express by visiting https://careers.americanexpress.com/students/.
With a job at American Express, almost anything is possible. Apply now!
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
US reqs - USUndergrad, Handshake UNV-12520
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Tags: USUndergrad, Handshake UNV-12520
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 19, 2021, 10:46:08 AM