You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
The M&A Integration and Separation team is part of Corporate Development within the American Express Finance organization. The team is tasked with strategically integrating acquired assets and separating parts of the company undergoing divestiture. This includes designing the integration/separation strategy in collaboration with functional experts, securing executive approval and funding, executing against plans in partnership with target company/buyer, and having overall accountability for the end to end program and outcome.
Along with owning corporate integration/separation globally, the team’s responsibilities also include managing efforts to leverage the company’s assets to maximize value, supporting opportunities to leverage the acquisitions’ assets to benefit the company’s existing businesses, and partnering with senior leaders to craft the strategy.
The team’s success is interdependent on multiple other teams across the organization to yield results. It is truly a cross-functional role and thus candidates with a great deal of compassion, willingness to collaborate, and responsiveness are highly encouraged to apply.
- Partnering with business groups to understand, outline, and influence business strategy and its implication on integration / separation
- Leveraging diligence findings to influence the integration / separation strategy & approach
- Interface regularly with target company leadership team throughout integration, with a focus on ensuring a thoughtful change management plan for the full organization
- Facilitating business and functional teams to create strategic approaches to complex projects with effective plans that capture maximum value from each transaction
- Driving project progress by managing cross-functional teams, identifying opportunities, overcoming obstacles/risks, developing strategic recommendations, and ensuring deliverables are optimally executed
- Developing effective working relationships with key stakeholders in order to achieve results and enact value identified in deal rationale
- Creating meeting content and presentations, including updates to senior business leaders. Particular emphasis on creating effective/impactful presentations that summarize complex ideas and recommendations
- Foster an inclusive environment with teams where everyone feels like they can voice their opinion, regardless of their background or seniority level
- Supporting the development of integration infrastructure (e.g. tools, processes) and implementing integration best-practices
Who We’re Looking For
- Excellent problem-solver who operates with a sense of urgency in an often ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated self-starter with a 'can do' attitude and ability to operate independently
- Someone who has leadership qualities that inspires followership (i.e. an ability to bring others along with you), and is looking to grow their leadership skills in this role
- Excellent project management skills with a track record of successfully delivering results on complex, large-scale, cross-functional initiatives
- Strategic thinker capable of focusing on the big picture while also paying rigorous attention to detail
- Relationship-builder with collaborative skills to partner with a diverse set of colleagues
- Outstanding written communication skills (e.g. emails, slide writing), and oral communications skills (e.g., personal presence, executive presence, facilitate decision making) with composure required to effectively communicate to senior leaders
- 4 - 5+ years of work experience
- Bachelor's Degree, or comparable experience and/or other certifications
- Location: New York City office
- Travel: 0% - 25%
- American Express offers a fantastic and diverse working environment. High performance is rewarded continually
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 4, 2021, 1:00:27 AM