You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Kabbage, a leading FinTech innovator, was recently acquired by American Express. We’re looking to grow our engineering team to continue building upon our innovative Kabbage platform as we launch new products and deepen relationships with small business owners.
Collaborate with our product and design teams to customize the Kabbage experience for the iOS platform. Use your creativity, problem-solving ability, and in-depth knowledge of iOS and Swift best practices to create and optimize features while providing a best-in-class experience for our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Play a critical role in the development, design, maintenance, and architecture of Kabbage's iOS app.
- Create elegant solutions in a rapid and agile development environment with frequent deliveries.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Kabbage experience for the iOS platform.
- Leverage the latest technologies from Apple, and stay up-to-date with Swift’s evolution and best-practices.
- Be a catalyst for driving best-in-class technology frameworks and tooling while staying engaged with the latest technology trends.
What we're looking for in you:
- Proactivity: Resourceful, has grit, and a positive “can do” attitude; acts without being told what to do.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Is cool with rapidly changing priorities and projects.
- Follow-through: Follows-through on items without being managed.
- Calm under pressure: Ability to navigate and lead the team through high-priority last minute requests and other high stress situations; Works well under high-pressure timelines.
- Analytical skills: Likes learning and learns quickly.
- Communication: Ability to speak clearly and with intent.
- 2+ years building complex applications for the iPhone or iPad in a team environment.
- A strong understanding of Swift, mobile application development and application architecture.
- Comfortable using and creating applications that work with networking APIs.
- Experience with version control and managing dependencies in complex projects.
- Exposure to RESTful APIs and GraphQL.
- Experience with multithreading programming, writing unit tests and testable code.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 18, 2020, 1:03:52 PM