American Express Global Network Platform authorizes and processes millions of payment transactions every day. The Card Network platform is the critical backbone for all of American Express payment transactions and is a real time low latency system that is always available and highly resilient, processing transactions from around the world 24x7, 365 days a year. Connected to the core network, there’s a number of key customer facing systems that power the American Express brand for key spending channels such as mobile payments and e-commerce. We develop and deliver functionalities for both the core and the customer facing systems and are looking for engineers to be part of our high-skilled team. As a Release Train Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the tracking and co-ordinate with the scrum teams to build core features and functions of the payment network systems/platforms deployed in a private cloud.
- Drive process and execution oversight of the Program/Agile Release Train (ART) for Tokenisation Services Transformation and existing Token Vault MLRB/BAU.
- Drives train/release level processes demonstrating servant leadership coupled with domain knowledge and technical acumen.
- Partners with Product Managers, Product Owners, and Business Partners to help assure strategy, vision, and road map alignment and execution.
- Ensure value is achieved by the train on behalf of end users.
- Coordinate dependencies within and outside organisation & teams . This will involve tracking and coordinating release and testing cycles.
- Create data-driven insights into the delivery and execution of the ART using relevant portfolio, Release Train, and team level metrics.
- Support and encourage innovation through continuous exploration.
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks, and opportunities across Agile teams.
- Track and measure feature and capability execution.
- Respectfully and purposefully challenge the status quo.
- Guidance to ensure the timely identification and prioritization of technical infrastructure to support implementation of priority features and enablers e.g. Architectural Runway.
- Promotes compliance with SDLC standards across the Program/ART.
- Work in partnership with Platform/Product Management, as well as the core and extended Technology teams (including Architect(s)), to create and prioritize the program backlog.
- Support train level meetings in partnership with product management and system architect(s) to ensure the preparation, readiness and prioritization of features for future PI planning sessions.
- Resolve or raise impediments; manage risks, dependencies and resourcing needs; promote committed improvement across the Program/ART.
- Responsible for facilitating Program/ART level events such as Program Increment (PI) planning Event, Inspect & Adapt, Retrospectives and the Program/ART Synchs.
- Facilitates Program Increment (PI) planning meetings with leadership, product management, delivery teams, and Business Partners on the Program/ART(s).
- Aggregates and drives team PI objectives into train/release objectives to ensure successful delivery.
- Facilitate solution technical alignment discussions. Leadership and Coaching.
- Coach in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets. Live the Agile, SAFe Values and Principles.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Significant experience in developing product requirements & roadmaps, driving product development and management.
- University Degree (or comparable experience) in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline required.
- Ability to understand customer needs and translate those needs into prioritized Capabilities and Features for execution.
- Proven track record of thought leadership and result-orientation.
- Strong experience of driving results and collaborating in a cross-functional and global environment.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives in parallel in a single Program Increment.
- Excellent communications skills required to gain alignment, and influence priorities.
- Ability to build strong relationships with strategy & technology partners and stakeholders.
- High energy, solution oriented team player with ability to think strategically.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to clearly articulate complexities.
- Prior experience working in Agile, SAFe environments.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2021, 9:12:39 AM