You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
LOC New Accounts
Job Title: Manager/Sr.Manager, Kabbage Line of Credit New Accounts (B35)
American Express has recently completed the acquisition of Kabbage, a leading financial technology company providing cash flow management solutions to U.S. small businesses. The strategic acquisition is an important step towards our enterprise goal of being an essential partner to small businesses through a broad range of payment, cash flow and financial management products and tools. The integration of the Kabbage business also enables us to provide expanded financing options with the backing of our best-in-class risk management capabilities and Credit & Fraud Risk teams.
The Kabbage Line of Credit New Accounts team is looking for a Manager/Sr.Manager to develop and drive new accounts strategies.
- Develop risk management solutions for Line of Credit (LOC) product in support of credit risk, fraud risk, operational risk, and/or customer acquisition and retention strategies. leveraging commercial and/or consumer bureau data maintained in our proprietary closed loop environment.
- Develop core risk management rules and policies through innovate solutions in collaboration with internal and external partners to leverage external partner platforms and data
- Close collaboration with partners and stakeholders to drive results and grow the portfolio
- Closely Partner with teams across Enterprise Digital, Product and Finance to develop partner strategies that enable prudent and profitable growth, while controlling for through-the-cycle volatility
- Enhance risk decisions by incorporating new information, new techniques, and changing factors
- Provide independent decisions by combining data driven facts and intuition on case by case basis for new account scenarios
- Build strong relationships and provide proactive and thoughtful communications to stakeholders and partner teams
- Analyze structured and unstructured data, and translate that data using statistical, financial, machine learning, engineering, or business intelligence techniques into actionable business insights and strategies.
- Identify and evaluate new data sources (regulated and non-regulated) that could add incremental profitability to LOC and to other American Express's products/services
- Minimum 3-5 years in lending or banking/payments risk management or strongly analytical function
- Prior experience in Commercial Risk preferred
- Credit Risk Management experience with an in-depth understanding of the end-to-end credit lifecycle, as well as understanding of credit metrics and processes
- Demonstrated analytical skills and a rigorous, data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Experience with SAS, SQL, Python, and translating data insights to strategies
- Effective collaboration skills to bring others along, high energy, and a proven team-first mentality
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships, management and influencing skills; managing multiple partners (internal and external)
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in risk management and fraud risk (Masters in Science, engineering/tech, math/stats or MBA degree) is strongly desired
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 18, 2020, 4:59:43 PM