You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
We are looking for a strong product manager with a technical background and good business acumen to partner closely with engineering to deliver a world-class Identity capabilities. American Express leverages data and context to allow our applications to make smarter, risk based access decisions. These capabilities reduce risk and fraud, while also not materially impacting the user experience with onerous security controls. This role will have responsibility for understanding the Identity market and key capabilities, understand the competitive landscape and how American Express should be competing, and working with engineering to deliver key capabilities for a winning authentication solution.
Experience developing market-leading enterprise products or services is a must-have. Ideally, the candidate will have experience with Identity and/or Authorization products, cloud services and identity solutions. Success in this role will require both a strong ability to understand customer and partner requirements, define our overall short and long-term strategy, and work across your PM team and the broader American Express organization to ensure delivery of a compelling product roadmap and go-to-market plan.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and drive the strategy and roadmap for Adaptive Identity Based Authentication capabilities
- Represent the team in communication across the company. You will be an internal advocate and help put American Express on the global map for innovation in customer identity.
- Understand core business problems and requirements from customers, prospects, sales and support
- Prioritize across a number of product investment areas and detailed features
- Working with Engineering, the wider PM team and other internal groups (e.g., Business Operations) to define and document user stories and use cases to guide engineering development
- Track market trends and competition to inform product decisions and strategy
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning, and design of entirely new identity and authentication solutions, challenging all members of cross-functional team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and platform technologies, as well as execution plans.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Have a technical background (SaaS experience and Identity experience are both a plus).
- Strong knowledge of defining products for enterprise IT
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence
- Track record of successful delivery of company-critical projects
- 4+ years of product management or related experience:
- Undergrad degree in computer science or other technical field
- Advanced degree such as MBA a plus
- Deep knowledge of reporting and analytics system development
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2021, 12:38:42 PM