- Working with business units to prioritize strategic objectives as well as evaluate partnership, acquisition and divestiture opportunities against identified strategies.
- Assisting in leading deal teams to evaluate potential transactions and business cases from strategic, operational and financial perspectives.
- Overseeing the development of detailed financial models and the valuation of AXP opportunities.
- Leading and overseeing the development of key analyses and support for negotiations while working closely with internal and external partners to structure and execute transactions.
- Leading the development of strategic analyses to inform, support or enhance AXP’s inorganic growth strategy.
- Ownership and leadership of specific pieces of transactions including day to day activities and oversight of on-going processes to ensure such transactions are completed within internal and external deadlines.
- Development and leadership of cross-functional teams to support specific areas of transactions.
- Ownership and preparation of specific transaction elements and the responsibility to communicate recommendations to Senior Management.
- Establishing best practices and methodologies for approaching M&A and partnership transactions for AXP.
- Minimum 4-7 years previous experience. Investment banking, private equity, venture capital or corporate development experience preferred.
- Extremely strong financial, analytical and valuation skills, including the ability to read and interpret financial statements and build financial models. Full understanding of enterprise valuation techniques.
- High degree of strategic and analytical capability, including the ability to analyze industry trends in digital, payments and ecommerce.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess strong business acumen and strong collaboration, influencing and ability to drive results.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- In depth knowledge of AXP businesses a plus.
- MBA or CPA or similar direct business experience strongly preferred.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 4, 2021, 1:00:26 AM