- Data Engineering, Ingestion and Transformation on Bigdata
- Data Analytics
- Metadata Management
- American Express is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial Engineering Director (CTO organization) - to lead its Bigdata Engineering team. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for Big Data Engineering, Ingestion, Transformation, Storage and Analytics.
- You will be required to support heightened standards around data aggregation and reporting, Identify Relevant Attributes/Sources for the ODL(Organized derived Layer), Establish ODL Derivation Logic, Solution Architecture & PI Planning.
- ODL Meta Data Management (Data Catalog), ODL Development & Delivery, ODLs in Scope (Account ODL, Open Banking ODL, Customer ODL, Transaction ODL, Product ODL) leveraging transformational technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, HBase, SPARK etc) and APIs.
- You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
- The ideal candidate is highly organized, action-oriented, and accomplished in the development and deployment of complex software solutions with proven track record showcasing delivery of technical projects.
- Worked on Bigdata- Hadoop
- Data Engineering, Ingestion and Transformation & Analytics at scale
- Performance Optimizations - Mapreduce & SPARK
- Growth Mindset, Execution Excellence, Passion for people leadership
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and tactically about the delivery of the strategic plan with strong independent problem solving skills
- Experience in building or managing complex applications and system.
- The ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Bigdata - Hadoop
- SPARK Architecture
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 8, 2021, 4:26:11 AM