You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
This is a great opportunity to join the Enterprise Big Data & Customer Engagement within American Express Technologies. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative Bigdata & Cloud Capabilities and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
Purpose of the Role:
- Data Ingestion Capabilties on Bigdata
- Data Transformation on Bigdata
- Metadata Management
American Express is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial Engineering Director (CTO organization) - to lead its Bigdata Engineering team.
- You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for Centralization of Cornerstone Ingestion as well as Common & Governed Data Layers to support heightened standards around data aggregation and reporting, Identify Relevant Attributes/Sources for the ODL(Organized derived Layer), Establish ODL Derivation Logic, Solution Architecture & PI Planning.
- ODL Meta Data Management (Data Catalog), ODL Development & Delivery, ODLs in Scope (Account ODL, Open Banking ODL, Customer ODL, Transaction ODL, Product ODL) leveraging transformational technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, HBase, SPARK etc) and APIs.
- You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
- The ideal candidate is highly organized, action-oriented, and accomplished in the development and deployment of complex software solutions with proven track record showcasing delivery of technical projects.
Critical Factors to Success:
- Worked on Bigdata- Hadoop
- Data Ingestion and Transformation at scale
- Performance Optimizations - Mapreduce & SPARK
15+ years of demonstrated excellence in leading teams delivering business solutions across a variety of platforms (5+ Years Hands-on experience - Bigdata , SPARK, Hive, Python, JAVA/J2EE/Web Technologies, APIs/Web-Services, Information Management technologies(Big Data/Yellow bricks). GCP Cloud experience is a huge advantage (GCS, BQ, Apache Beam, Dataflow, Dataproc, Bigtable, Cloud SQL etc.)
A Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Growth Mindset, Execution Excellence, Passion for people leadership
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and tactically about the delivery of the strategic plan with strong independent problem solving skills
- Experience in building or managing complex applications and system.
- The ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
Hands-on experience - Bigdata , SPARK, Hive, Python, JAVA/J2EE/Web Technologies, APIs/Web-Services, Information Management technologies(Big Data/Yellow bricks). GCP Cloud experience is a huge advantage (GCS, BQ, Apache Beam, Dataflow, Dataproc, Bigtable, Cloud SQL etc.
Knowledge of Platforms:
- Bigdata - Hadoop
- SPARK Architecture
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 25, 2021, 8:24:46 AM