You’re a talented, creative, and motivated engineer who loves developing powerful, stable, and intuitive apps – and you’re excited to work with a team of individuals with that same passion. You’ve accumulated years of experience, and you’re excited about taking your mastery of Big Data and Java to a new level. You enjoy challenging projects involving big data sets and are cool under pressure. You’re no stranger to fast-paced environments and agile development methodologies – in fact, you embrace them. With your strong analytical skills, your unwavering commitment to quality, your excellent technical skills, and your collaborative work ethic, you’ll do great things here at American Express.
- Cornerstone is company’s largest Big Data Platform, ideally suited for computationally and/or data intensive processing applications. Whether the data needs to be processed in batch, online, or streaming manner, Cornerstone provides robust capabilities to handle such workloads effectively, in a cost-efficient manner.
- A hub of highly talented Big Data engineers and most exciting & upcoming technologies such as HBase, Couchbase, Spark, Structured Streaming, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Java APIs, Scala, Python, Pig, Hive etc, Cornertone platform offers an environment where Engineers are challenged everyday to build world class products.
- Be part of a fast-paced Agile team, design, develop, test, troubleshoot & optimize solutions created to simplify access to the Amex’s Big Data Platform.
As a Senior Big Data Engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing and building high performance, and scalable data solutions.
- You’ll design, develop, and test robust, scalable data platform components. You’ll work with a variety of teams and individuals, including product engineers to understand their data pipeline needs and come up with innovative solutions. You’ll work with a team of talented engineers and collaborate with product managers and designers to help define new data products and features.
- Deliver technical solutions to problems identified and make architectural recommendations along with process conformance for incident, problem, change management, and compliance
- Drive the resolution of problems by identifying the root cause and implementing architecture/code fixes
- Analyze the existing technology environment and architecture, to develop technical/architectural recommendations to improve system/application performance and lead improvement implementation
- Demonstrate sound judgment and execute against deliverables under deadlines and competing priorities
- Education- Bachelor or Masters’ Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of software development experience with proven hands-on experience in Big Data technologies
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions
- Strong programming knowledge in Java/Python
- Experience working on any Hadoop distribution, such as Mapr, Cloudera, Hortonworks and have at least coded in Hive, Java M/R, Spark, SQL & No SQL databases for 2 years or more, will be an added advantage.
- Solid understanding of data structures, Algorithms & Design Patters will be an added advantage
- Strong experience with UNIX / Shell / Python scripting
- Understanding of different Algorithms & Machine Learning techniques (Neural Network, Deep Learning, Supervised & Unsupervised, Regression, Classification) and their application in batch/real-time will be an added advantage
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Implementation or working experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using tools and automation capabilities such as JUnit, Mocking, TestNG, Jenkins, Git, Stash and Jira
- Experience in Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Dockerization, etc) , will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team-player with ability to work with global team
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 2, 2021, 1:37:47 AM